• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coachcaseyd

Reaction score
SM:
- light blue linen BD from last year
- coffee chinos from the last round

With some cheap linen SC I grabbed from mens wearhouse a couple years ago. Funny to see how some of us are wearing linen and others are still in flannels!

IMG_0136.JPG

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SM:
- light blue linen BD from last year
- coffee chinos from the last round

With some cheap linen SC I grabbed from mens wearhouse a couple years ago. Funny to see how some of us are wearing linen and others are still in flannels!

View attachment 1167047

For an inexpensive and casual outfit, this looks fantastic! I’m inspired to put away my flannels and bust out my new linens (mostly Black Friday 2018 buys) that I haven’t worn yet!

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And that Loro Piana Solaro that Tim has just commissioned for himself should break the likes record here and on Instagram. Sorry Tim I had to!!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably my favorite outfit from you thus far burzan

:cheers:

What collar option is that, or if it's manual measurements do you have them handy?

It's a custom collar. Should be very close to this, which was measured the other day from my green OCBD MTM. The white has a wider tie gap though, I know that.

Back band height: 3.6cm
Front band height: 3cm
Back leaf: 5.3cm
Collar point: 9.5cm
Tie gap: 1.5cm
Collar point spread, tip to tip: 11cm
Collar point button spread, middle of each button: 10cm

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Really cool that Spier brought out a solaro suit, just not as muted as I was hoping it would be. As a consolation prize, I did just order the eThomas glen check, though. :cool2:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really cool that Spier brought out a solaro suit, just not as muted as I was hoping it would be. As a consolation prize, I did just order the eThomas glen check, though. :cool2:

I hope to have the proper CC images by Monday. Will also get some IRL pics this week.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Guys, I'm working on some fall stuff right now.

I'm looking for ideas for Flannel designs/patterns. Any specific type of designs you are looking for in flannel?

The flannel is NOT the the super beefy flannel, it's the same as the flannel we ran a couple of years back. It's a mid weight that is easy to layer.

@spiermackay Not flannel-related, but for F/W 2019, wondering if you'd consider looking at wool/cashmere cloth for sport coats (90% wool, 10% cashmere)?

IMG_5036.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

coachcaseyd

Reaction score
For an inexpensive and casual outfit, this looks fantastic! I’m inspired to put away my flannels and bust out my new linens (mostly Black Friday 2018 buys) that I haven’t worn yet!

Appreciate that man!

Dpdk

Reaction score
Is it a squeak or a creak? What movement causes it?

It's possible the shank needs to be reset.

Thanks for the responses. More like a creak and than a squeak. The noise comes near the end of the flexing of the foot/shoe when walking as weight is moving towards the toes. It sounds like there is a loose layer between the sole and insole. I have limited shoe construction knowledge. I have Allen Edmonds that sometimes cause some noise due to the movement of the tongue on the upper. What is happening with my S&Ms is different.

@Jamesbond1 Is the baby powder solution for the type of sound I have?

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. More like a creak and than a squeak. The noise comes near the end of the flexing of the foot/shoe when walking as weight is moving towards the toes. It sounds like there is a loose layer between the sole and insole. I have limited shoe construction knowledge. I have Allen Edmonds that sometimes cause some noise due to the movement of the tongue on the upper. What is happening with my S&Ms is different.

baby powder, shoe trees immediately after wear and make sure not to wear the same shoe for at least 24 hours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads