• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RexBanner

Reaction score
Ah damn I was really hoping for some knit ties :( Ties look good though

CarlosMS16

Reaction score
Anyone else getting $35 shipping for single items (shirt) until it qualifies for free shipping when to the US?

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long do they typically take to respond to questions? I've so far emailed them twice within the past 4 or 5 days but haven't got any response.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How long do they typically take to respond to questions? I've so far emailed them twice within the past 4 or 5 days but haven't got any response.

Usually within 24-48 hours. Can you pm me your email address and I'll follow up with cs.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to place an order for OTR shirts and I noticed that the sleeve lengths are long.

A 15 neck comes with a 34 sleeve length.
-I'm usually 15-32, which is standard.

What's up with that?

Spex

Reaction score
I'm about to place an order for OTR shirts and I noticed that the sleeve lengths are long.

A 15 neck comes with a 34 sleeve length.
-I'm usually 15-32, which is standard.

What's up with that?

Standard where? I just did a quick search and a number of size charts that equate a 34 sleeve with a 15 neck. These were mostly for casual alpha sized (S, M, L) shirts. The shortest sleeve I saw on any chart was a 33. I'm a believer that dress shirts benefit from slightly longer sleeves still, since with the right cuff tightness is prevents the cuff from falling down under the jacket sleeve.

Also, for S&M, who currently only offer one sleeve length per size, it's better that it's longer rather than shorter, since a customer can get a sleeve shortened, but not lengthened. I wear a 15.5 neck and usually hope for a 35 sleeve or even slightly longer. I'm not an usual size for someone of European origin. Sleeves that are too short would basically rule us out as customers.

Edit: With the risk of getting this wrong, and maybe making a generalization, I'm going to guess you might be Asian, in which case shirts would fit differently. For years I've wished that I could buy the Toyko fit shirts fom Kamakura (since they are cheaper in Japan), but the sleeve lengths are a few inches shorter than their NY fit, which is geared towards their North American customers.

Last edited:

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong then, but any shirt I've purchased off the rack - i.e. Brooks Brothers, Nordstrom, the Bay's house brand (in Canada) has always been 32 or 33 for a size 15.

Perhaps I can ask then, would the 34 length look baggy on my short arms?

jankdc

Reaction score
Does S&M still shorten sleeves on OTR shirts? I had one done a while ago. I think the cost was $10.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were some comments from Rick that Spier would try to introduce varied sleeve lengths but it hasn't happened yet. As such we're stuck with the lengths on offer. I'd prefer a nice 33 myself but you can't always get what you want.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong then, but any shirt I've purchased off the rack - i.e. Brooks Brothers, Nordstrom, the Bay's house brand (in Canada) has always been 32 or 33 for a size 15.

Perhaps I can ask then, would the 34 length look baggy on my short arms?

Generally a 32/33, the physical measurement is 33.5. Our measurement is physically 34, so it's an extra 0.5". Shouldn't make a huge difference, especially after washing and normal shrinkage.

There were some comments from Rick that Spier would try to introduce varied sleeve lengths but it hasn't happened yet. As such we're stuck with the lengths on offer. I'd prefer a nice 33 myself but you can't always get what you want.

These are under production now with a group of basic fabrics. Should hopefully see them by end of October or early November.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When are Donegal jackets coming out again? I'm getting antsy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads