• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickInTO

Reaction score
Order placed. Can't wait to try them for casual wear. May do a run of mtm for use with jackets.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When are the next run of the button downs coming? When will the new suits arrive?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When are the next run of the button downs coming? When will the new suits arrive?

Button downs as in Casual button down collars or regular shirts? What suit in particular are you looking for? The next suit group in next month, but that's just a fill in, then another group in May for a bunch of Sharkskin in Mid Blue, Dark Blue, Light Gray, Medium Gray.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Button downs as in Casual button down collars or regular shirts? What suit in particular are you looking for? The next suit group in next month, but that's just a fill in, then another group in May for a bunch of Sharkskin in Mid Blue, Dark Blue, Light Gray, Medium Gray.

I was looking for a med grey suit for a wedding in July and August.

Both casual and regular button downs. I already have the basic blues and whites. Any pink or lavender coming up?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Rick,

This is me in an older oxford from a few years ago in a 15.5" contemporary, at the time the sleeves were short but I know they are a little longer now.

Would you think the 15.5" contemp or slim might be best? I think the sleeves could stand to be a little slimmer but maybe the body seems not bad considering it isn't washed or pressed.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Rick,

This is me in an older oxford from a few years ago in a 15.5" contemporary, at the time the sleeves were short but I know they are a little longer now.

Would you think the 15.5" contemp or slim might be best? I think the sleeves could stand to be a little slimmer but maybe the body seems not bad considering it isn't washed or pressed.

What is your Body Chest and Waist Measurements?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 15.5 Slim will be too tight in the chest, but slim out the sleeves and midsection. The sleeves can be tapered quite easily if needed on the 15.5 Contemporary.

Sounds good, I will try the contemporary again and see how they feel after a wash and press. Just placed the order for a couple along with last years blue madras (had to get another, love them). Really looking forward to checking out these oxfords in person. I snagged the ocean blue and the burgundy, both look to be fantastic colors and just different enough from oxfords I already have.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, love the look of the new oxford cloth button downs. Now will they be offered in classic fit at any point because for those of us who go work out at the gym on a regular basis the contemporary and slim fits don't work as well.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, love the look of the new oxford cloth button downs. Now will they be offered in classic fit at any point because for those of us who go work out at the gym on a regular basis the contemporary and slim fits don't work as well.

Yes, the next run will include Classic. Actually the next production run will include Classic in a variety of fabrics.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, the next run will include Classic. Actually the next production run will include Classic in a variety of fabrics.

Cool, do you have an idea when roughly?

Otte

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the new extreme spread with a tie on (preferably also with a coat)? Would be best with a side-by-side picture of regular full spread too.

Which one does the general consensus of SF would recommend for formal wear with a suit?

Feelgoodfit

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the most appropriate place to ask but........I'd like to place an initial bundle custom order but want to ensure I am happy with the measurements. Can I commit to buying three but get only one made initially to allow me to tweak the measurements for the other two if necessary? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads