• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mdubya

Reaction score
Any updates on the new trouser fabrics? Itching to replace almost all of my trouser wardrobe in the coming months so I'm looking forward to see the offerings/fabrics available to MTO.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
excited to make my first order.

Spex

Reaction score
Glad you found something you like! Re: the "Regular" Fit, if you notice on the care label, the production date of these was in 2012, part of our very, very first run of OTR Trousers. These have since been replaced by the Contemporary. Surprisingly, the Slim fit is our best selling trouser, outselling the contemporary by nearly 2:1.

Good to know...I'll definitely try the contemporary fit in the future.

In terms of the store, it does seem obvious that it was not really meant as a retail space, and you guys seem to be doing the best you can with it. As getting out to the Mississauga location is quite a trek for me, I look forward to any downtown location so that I can pop in to discuss MTM shirts.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Just received our development sample from the Mill for our Custom Oxford cloth. 100% Egyptian yarn, so its softer and a bit smoother than traditional oxford, but still used a burly 40s x 2/20' yarn, and opted for a denser than average weave and finished it with an ever so slight surface brushing. We're really, really happy with it. We feel it is the perfect balance of dress/casual. We opted not to go for the ultra heavy, bullet proof kind of oxford being offered by Gitman Vintage or old BoO kind of stuff and really focused to make a proper transitional type of cloth.

LL
Are you bringing this in for RTW?

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OCBD looks good, I'll probably order it. It also looks to be a slightly brighter light blue, like a sky blue color? If so, that would be great as I love your OCBDs but sometimes wish the current blue had a bit more vibrancy/brightness to it. Now I can have both!

bluebird33

Reaction score
Do you guys ship to singapore? what are the shipping fees? I don't see anything regarding international orders in your website.

HughJ

Reaction score

Just received our development sample from the Mill for our Custom Oxford cloth. 100% Egyptian yarn, so its softer and a bit smoother than traditional oxford, but still used a burly 40s x 2/20' yarn, and opted for a denser than average weave and finished it with an ever so slight surface brushing. We're really, really happy with it. We feel it is the perfect balance of dress/casual. We opted not to go for the ultra heavy, bullet proof kind of oxford being offered by Gitman Vintage or old BoO kind of stuff and really focused to make a proper transitional type of cloth.

I think this will be a hit - a lot of oxfords are so heavy that the placket is stiff even if they are unlined/unfused. Are there plans for other colours? I'm still itching for lavender.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you guys ship to singapore? what are the shipping fees? I don't see anything regarding international orders in your website.

Not at the moment. Currently, we only ship within Canada and the Continental US.

I think this will be a hit - a lot of oxfords are so heavy that the placket is stiff even if they are unlined/unfused. Are there plans for other colours? I'm still itching for lavender.

Colours planned are: White, Lt. Blue, Mid Blue, Lavender, Lt. Blue University Stripe, Mid Blue University Stripe. Just to get things started and then follow with more colours behind that.

bogo

Reaction score
Hey Rick, since you have sample fabrics, when could we order MTM ocbds? Would we have to wait for fall or could we pop by the store and order it now?

velomane

Reaction score
Got my first order of RTW's coming. I'm planning on some MTM's so I'm curious to know if the build quality will be the same or better. Anyone care to comment?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Rick, since you have sample fabrics, when could we order MTM ocbds? Would we have to wait for fall or could we pop by the store and order it now?

This is just the sample counter for us to approve before they start production. Takes about 60 days for the fabric. We will have the cloth available in September.

Got my first order of RTW's coming. I'm planning on some MTM's so I'm curious to know if the build quality will be the same or better. Anyone care to comment?

Quality is the same. Our OTR shirts are made by the same tailors as MTM. When they are not working on MTM, they fill in the time gaps with OTR. The OTR is not assembly line like most brands.

billmeek

Reaction score
Hey Rick, the original Model 1 suits in contemporary fit - am I remembering it correctly that they came with slim fit trousers? I want to order a few pairs of trousers from your sale and want to match my size up with my Model 1 suit.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S&M's own oxford cloth is very nice! Softer hand than typical oxford, and the samples colour was a perfect light blue. Really looking forward to this, hopefully he makes a few up in the Compact button down collar ;) (C10)

Also if anyone is sitting on a pair of Light Heather Grey 33 slim or 32 Contemporary, I'll buy them off you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads