• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick, are the slim fit conservative business dress spread colllar OTR shirts on the way?

yes, under production. Actually have 4 semi solids in a really nice dobby that are in shop but not online yet.

Last edited:

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I have to say is, MOAR RTW BUTTON DOWN SHIRT OPTIONS!!

Seriously, the best collar roll at the price point. Add the quality of fabric and construction, it's over the top. The menswear "blogs" should be all over this.

I have the oxfords. I have the madras. What's next?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
All I have to say is, MOAR RTW BUTTON DOWN SHIRT OPTIONS!!

Seriously, the best collar roll at the price point. Add the quality of fabric and construction, it's over the top. The menswear "blogs" should be all over this.

I have the oxfords. I have the madras. What's next?

Working on it. We are developing our own OCBD fabric. I think it will be hands down the best sub $100 oxford on the market. A great balance of weight and softness. Not too heavy, not light by any means. Not coarse and the right amount of brushing and softness.

Then we are working on denim shirting for fall as well as some contemporary Chambray and some other interesting fabrics.

Rick did you mention sleeve length options may be in the works?

Spreading the love on another forum, looks like you may have some orders heading your way.

Yes. Should roll out some staples in multiple sleeve by fall. Thanks for sharing!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working on it. We are developing our own OCBD fabric. I think it will be hands down the best sub $100 oxford on the market. A great balance of weight and softness. Not too heavy, not light by any means. Not coarse and the right amount of brushing and softness.

Then we are working on denim shirting for fall as well as some contemporary Chambray and some other interesting fabrics.

Yes. Should roll out some staples in multiple sleeve by fall. Thanks for sharing!

Good to know, I love me a good oxford cloth. Looks like I may need to stick to the MTM for non staple items, can't wait to see the incoming fabrics.

It was a cool day here today so wore the red & blue flannel, it's actually a nice weight, not too heavy for these cool rainy days. Great fabric and breaking in very nicely in case anyone is on the fence. Had this one made up with the CK-3 collar and love it, need to make a couple of minor tweaks to the size on my next round of MTM shirts. Couldn't decided on 3 fabrics or my size tweaks after finding that the OTR madras fit and now missed the speckled chambray lol
baldy[1].gif

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my Spier & Mackay linen dress shirt today. Collar works well with a tie but I agree with everyone else that I would have preferred a cut closer/identical to the standard measurements for the slim/contemporary fits. I think that if you can do that in your next linen run and go with a standard collar instead of the cutaway you'll have a great shirt that stands up well to tieless and jacketless wear in addition to looking wonderful under a jacket. Of course I can always MTO this so that'll be another option for me :)

jamie411

Reaction score

Wore my Spier & Mackay linen dress shirt today. Collar works well with a tie but I agree with everyone else that I would have preferred a cut closer/identical to the standard measurements for the slim/contemporary fits. I think that if you can do that in your next linen run and go with a standard collar instead of the cutaway you'll have a great shirt that stands up well to tieless and jacketless wear in addition to looking wonderful under a jacket. Of course I can always MTO this so that'll be another option for me :)

I received mine (one of each - blue stripe and plain blue) and they each measure a little large in the collar (about 16" and 16.25" respectively on size 15.5). I'm going to wash and dry them and see if I can get them to shrink 0.5" or more.

cloud82

Reaction score
Hi Rick,

Unfortunately, my order for custom light blue oxford wasn't completed due to the fabric being out...
So, looking at the replacement fabric, I've looked at these: MT-807, MT-882, MT-527. What are the differences between them and which one would you recommend? (using the same spec as my last oxford shirt)

Thanks,
Peter.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Rick,

Unfortunately, my order for custom light blue oxford wasn't completed due to the fabric being out...
So, looking at the replacement fabric, I've looked at these: MT-807, MT-882, MT-527. What are the differences between them and which one would you recommend? (using the same spec as my last oxford shirt)

Thanks,
Peter.

Hi Peter,

These are all typical dress shirt fabrics. 807 & 882 are fine twill and 527 is Royal twill. All of these are quite different from the classic Oxford. The fine twill do make really nice BD shirts though, so I would suggest to go with one of them as a good alternative. OR if you can hold tight for about a week I'm actually trying to get more blue oxford in.

HughJ

Reaction score

Is the shirting available for MTM limited to what is on the website, or would there be more swatches to flip through if I went in person? I ordered my first shirt in person recently, but I went in knowing which fabric I wanted from the website, and admittedly didn't look around much.

@spiermackay Rick, could you let me know about the above please?

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Stopped by the shop and picked up a couple of linen shirts today - even at full price, $58 each is amazing for linen shirts.

I also tried on the model 2 suits and jackets. They were a significant improvement over model 1, IMO. Button placement is much better. Very impressed with the whole lineup of new suits and coats. The light blue linen/silk coat looks much better in person than it does online It has slightly more colour than the pictures. I hadn't even really considered it before I saw it in person.

When they open a location downtown and have shorter sleeve options, my wallet is in big trouble...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads