• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

plyonsla

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the buttonholes on OTR shirts are much better than the custom order shirts? I have both and find the OTR shirt buttonholes are cut and sewn and easy to use whereas the custom order shirt buttonholes seem to be made from a lower grade buttonhole machine i.e. buttonholes are hard to open and pass button through.

hysteria

Reaction score
Has anyone washed SM Merino sweaters?
Instructions say dry clean only but most merino sweaters from other markers are usually washable?

Has anyone washed the Quest Cotton Trousers?
They are so soft, I'm afraid washing them might ruin the soft characteristics of the fabric, but I Have the cream one, so the only other option would be dry-cleaning.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

JTrent82

Reaction score
Instructions say dry clean only but most merino sweaters from other markers are usually washable?

They are so soft, I'm afraid washing them might ruin the soft characteristics of the fabric, but I Have the cream one, so the only other option would be dry-cleaning.
I prewashed my Quests before I had them hemmed. No change to the fabric with a cold wash. The merinos I have also washed with woolite and I don't advise it tbh. I will be handwashing merino from here on no matter what the tag says. Lanolin and detergent are not on friendly terms.

twuthetiger

Reaction score

Hand washed all the sweaters (wool, cashmere) in lukewarm water. Just make sure to lay flat and air dry. It comes out great! I think the sweaters actually become softer after washing.

AltNameTK

Reaction score
Are these two different fabrics, or do they just look different in photos?

I got the first one a couple of weeks ago and now I'm feeling burned. The second, less-saturated-looking one is a much nicer color IMO.

SteveMc

Reaction score
Are these two different fabrics, or do they just look different in photos?

I got the first one a couple of weeks ago and now I'm feeling burned. The second, less-saturated-looking one is a much nicer color IMO.

Two different fabrics as you can see from the product code.

SteveMc

Reaction score

I dry cleaned Quest cotton trousers and they shrunk by 0.5 to 1 cm in length. They also feel even thinner than before.

Another cotton trousers, not Quest, that I gave to the dry cleaner also shrunk in length.
I suspect the dry cleaning here isn't of good quality.

Now I just hand wash my cotton trousers and lay flat to dry. It's a mystery to me why S&M labels cotton trousers as dry cleaning only...

mlstein

Reaction score
Anyone try the Tebas yet? Tebas always look off to me. I’m fine with slouchiness but the four buttons just don’t look right and I’ve yet to see a button stance on one that works outside of an MTM Spanish company. I wish they’d done a 3 roll 2 unlined teba hybrid instead.
original_ebb13b7b-6653-4fcb-b417-8d43b22b8586_PXL_20230604_200934356.jpg

Fabric is finer than in the chore coats, it's very comfortable and light--pretty much what I was hoping for, a summer weight jacket that sits below an unstructured sports coat in formality. I take a 38s contemporary in suits and jackets from S&M and though the size 36 Teba is closer in measurements to that size I was told to take my normal size, the jacket is meant to wear a little big. I did and I'm glad. There's actually a bit of structure to it, too, because the front panels are partly doubled with the linen from which the internal pockets hang and there's light interfacing on the interior fabric. Still very airy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads