• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SS22 MTO Neo vs SS22 OTR non-Neo. I may have been hyperbolic earlier.
Man this looks fine maybe a tad large but thats it. Get outta here lol. I can’t support that baggy nonsense imo.

Also the state of American fitness is embarrassing. People need to get off their cabooses and get moving. The pandemic alone should have been a swift kick in it.

Last edited:

sfny

Reaction score
The higher gorge should suit you in theory or objectively, generally speaking. But of course, it would also be dependent on individual stats and preferences. Your proportions might not go well with it unfortunately. I'm 178 cm and the higher gorge world exceptionally well for me, although I'd personally/subjectively prefer a tad lower one.

The one you're referring to is mid gray sharskin actually. The bunch book in question has the exact same shade in worsted twill as well. The one to the left of it is the next step in a darker shade from the bunch book. It's the same as the one that Spier is currently offering RTW.

Here are a couple of pics of the suit.
beautiful suit - thank you for sharing. If it is not too much trouble, would you happen to have the fabric code for the mid-grey sharkskin and/or the mid-grey twill swatches?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beautiful suit - thank you for sharing. If it is not too much trouble, would you happen to have the fabric code for the mid-grey sharkskin and/or the mid-grey twill swatches?
Sure. Shoot me a pm so I don't forget and I'll get you the details tomorrow.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Old White, Might Be The New (yellow) Yeller...

20230331_214428.jpg

20230331_214355.jpg

Last edited:

jamie411

Reaction score
Maybe it’s my color blindness or the lighting but that seersucker looks far more grey than green to me!

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered a custom short sleeved shirt? Do I just adjust the sleeve length to desired and hope I don’t get a ridiculous button cuff around my biceps?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered a custom short sleeved shirt? Do I just adjust the sleeve length to desired and hope I don’t get a ridiculous button cuff around my biceps?
When I ordered one, I put in the notes the sleeve length from shoulder and sleeve opening width

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered and received either this or the navy version and would like to comment/share pics? https://www.spierandmackay.com/prod...high-twist---neo-cut---16221132-neost-01-ss23
Yup yup. I got it and it arrived last week. To me, the hand/finish is slightly more refined than the Hardy Minnis. Drapes nicely. It’s also a darker shade of navy than the Hardy Minnis from a few years ago. Also comes with Milanese button hole. Haven’t taken it to the tailor yet. Plan to do so soon, as I aim to wear it for a May wedding.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup yup. I got it and it arrived last week. To me, the hand/finish is slightly more refined than the Hardy Minnis. Drapes nicely. It’s also a darker shade of navy than the Hardy Minnis from a few years ago. Also comes with Milanese button hole.
Excellent. Crispaire is expected to have a smoother surface than Fresco. Thanks for confirming. Does it drape similar to the Minnis Fresco which I believe was the same weight (310g)? Also, do you have a side by side pic of both this and the Minnis? Trying to determine whether it makes sense to acquire both. Thanks.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Crispaire is expected to have a smoother surface than Fresco. Thanks for confirming. Does it drape similar to the Minnis Fresco which I believe was the same weight (310g)? Also, do you have a side by side pic of both this and the Minnis? Trying to determine whether it makes sense to acquire both. Thanks.
Drapes the same if not slightly better. Will really be able to tell once tailored. Traveling at the moment so will aim for pics when I return.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drapes the same if not slightly better. Will really be able to tell once tailored. Traveling at the moment so will aim for pics when I return.
Thanks. Appreciate it. If you, by "Minnis Fresco from prior seasons" are referring to fabric code 510219, I can see why the current Crispaire seems darker and drapes better. The 510219 is 290g and is referred to as simply navy by Minnis, which is their second to darkest navy. There's a dark navy as well. I happen to have the darker version but in their heavier fabrics (310g and 435g). So it'd be interesting to learn to which Fresco you're actually comparing for clarification.

Attachments

• IMG_20230402_133448.jpg
    IMG_20230402_133448.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 92

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads