• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought this S&M Parka a short while back and have been now out in Park City, Utah for a few days and able to put it to the test.
Result is that with one thin wool layer beneath it has kept me nice and warm in temps ranging from
daytime highs around 28F to night time lows in the single digits and snowing.

fullsizeoutput_1ac6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b55.jpeg

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought this S&M Parka a short while back and have been now out in Park City, Utah for a few days and able to put it to the test.
Result is that with one thin wool layer beneath it has kept me nice and warm in temps ranging from
daytime highs around 28F to night time lows in the single digits and snowing.

View attachment 1884114 View attachment 1884115

Looks Great, Be Thankful You Don't Have To Return It! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just This Week, Believe It Or Not, My Feathers Do Get Riled,

I Just Paid Kit Blake $51.00 Dollars To Ship A Pair Of Trousers To Cali, By Way Of DHL

I Also tried To Return A Pair Of White Seesucker Trousers Back To; Poszetka.com They Shipped A Tie And WSS Trousers For 22euro By Way Of (Poland) DHL. I Go To My Local UPS Store, To Ship Trousers Back And The Cost For Return To Poland, Was $259.00 - I Contacted Poszetka Asking Them To Provide A retun Label And Invoice Me Or take The Fee From My Return, They Came With 38euro For Label. In the End I Stopped At Local USPS and Paid $26.95 For The Return, By Way Of USPS, Who Knows When It Will Arrive, Poszetka Says, It Will Tak 3-4 Weeks (USPS)

In The End; 22euro = $23.92 + 26.95 (USPS) = $50.87 US Dolars In Shipping
WSS, 141euro = $153.28 US Dollars Total Comes Back $102.41 US Dollars And I My Loss 16euro = $17.39 US Dollars = $85.02 US Dollars. I Tried A Pair Of Trousers (Very Slim Fitting) From This Vendor @ $153.28 And My Refund May/Will Be $85.02 US Dollars In The End, I'll Never Purchase Trousers/Suits From This Vendor, But Their Ties Are Beautiful And I'm Willing To Buy Those, Only! Shipping At, 22euro...

Believe Me, You Can't Make This Stuff Up, Email Attached;

Shipping provider is DHL

Hello again,
Thanks also for the very good feedback on the trousers.
In response to your shipping/returns comments:
1. We have reduced the cost of shipping to the US and Canada from EUR 36 to EUR 22. I think it's a good price (especially that our average shipping cost to the US is a bit higher)
2. Implementing cheap and automatic returns from outside the EU is a very difficult task for small companies like ours. EUR 38 for DHL return (which I have offered you) is the lowest possible price calculated by our service providers. We are working on implementing the possibility of cheaper return for distant countries in the near future. Also pay attention to the fact that via DHL the return comes to us in 3-4 days, while via USPS (in our experience) it takes about 3-4 weeks due to customs clearance on the part of Poczta Polska - additionally, the release of such a shipment from Poczta Polska costs us an additional EUR 16 :/

czw., 26 sty 2023 o 20:52 Maciej Krajewski <[email protected]> napisał(a):

Ok, thank you for the update with the return.

I Do Get Riled!

Last edited:

Canadian Sensei

Reaction score
Would someone who owns an S&M corduroy field jacket mind posting some pics wearing it (a few words on your impressions of the item would be great too)? The lower pockets look a little like saddle bags on the website so I'm curious to see how they look in the wild.
Thank you in advance!

Rbpp

Reaction score
Sizing advice : I'd like to buy a sportcoat from Spier but being in Europe I want to make sure the fit is right (or try at least). I have a size 50 sportcoat from Cavour (chest is OK but anything slimmer would be restrictive, but I had to take the waist in), and a size 52 Havana sportcoat from SS (a bit roomier than the Cavour jacket, but size 50 was a bit tight in the chest and the front of the shoulders). So, I was planning to pull the trigger to a size 42 slim sportcoat from S&M, but it would be helpful to have some advice.

Last edited:

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Sizing advice : I'd like to buy a sportcoat from Spier but being in Europe I want to make sure the fit is right (or try at least). I have a size 50 sportcoat from Cavour (chest is OK but anything slimmer would be restrictive, but I had to take the waist in), and a size 52 Havana sportcoat from SS (a bit roomier than the Cavour jacket, but size 50 was a bit tight in the chest and the front of the shoulders). So, I was planning to pull the trigger to a size 42 jacket from S&M, but it would be helpful to have some advice.

hi. I am assuming you are referencing different sizing charts (42 Europe ?)
I have several. 36R slim Spier fits snug in the chest. 36R contemporary Spier fits better but you know how spier can be different so essentially I have 2 one is more snug than the other. The linen fits snug but not constricted. I have 38L contemporary Spier, fits a bit roomier in the chest, and to me just perfect. I was playing around with sizing and never exchanged. Now, I also have 38R suit supply havana. Fits just very close to 38 contemporary spier. Shoulder a bit more snug same as chest. Size chart very accurate

Attachments

• 200856BF-9FB0-4858-8241-A2540B67C673.png
    200856BF-9FB0-4858-8241-A2540B67C673.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 9C0CBD78-B6BD-4269-B0E9-1288690170A1.png
    9C0CBD78-B6BD-4269-B0E9-1288690170A1.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 187

Rbpp

Reaction score
hi. I am assuming you are referencing different sizing charts (42 Europe ?)
I have several. 36R slim Spier fits snug in the chest. 36R contemporary Spier fits better but you know how spier can be different so essentially I have 2 one is more snug than the other. The linen fits snug but not constricted. I have 38L contemporary Spier, fits a bit roomier in the chest, and to me just perfect. I was playing around with sizing and never exchanged. Now, I also have 38R suit supply havana. Fits just very close to 38 contemporary spier. Shoulder a bit more snug same as chest. Size chart very accurate
Yes, as I am based in Europe I see American sizing on the S&M website and European (or whatever it is called) sizing on the other two. So I guess 40 US = 50 EU.
Thanks for your input. So based on what you said 42R slim should be OK. Another comparison to Cavour would be great.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what did returns (excluding the free first one) look like prior to yesterday’s change, from a US perspective? Flat fee type deal?

St1X

Reaction score
Yes, as I am based in Europe I see American sizing on the S&M website and European (or whatever it is called) sizing on the other two. So I guess 40 US = 50 EU.
Thanks for your input. So based on what you said 42R slim should be OK. Another comparison to Cavour would be great.
I wear 46eu in cavour and it's roomier than my 46 in suitsupply and spier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads