• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a popover shirt during the sale and for the life of me, I cannot put this shirt on! I hadn't considered that pique knits and normal knits have stretch, but this has no give whatsoever. Anyone else or am I just dumb?

Yeah I have had similar experiences. Either have to size up or only get the ones made with fabrics that have more give

MrFingers

Reaction score
Interesting. I debated this with @MrFingers and we both agreed there was indeed a difference. The one you currently have on feels more spongy and cotton like to me than the others. The crease does not seem to set in as deep as with the other pairs I have.
Yeah these are 100% not the same fabric. Not really sure why they’re made differently but upon close look it’s pretty clear they’re woven differently

Commonbloke

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I would like to know what this thread think of this specific trouser - sport coat combination (both from S&M). I am trying somewhat tonal looks but I am not 100% convinced of this one.

I also want to confirm that a simple seam ripper worked very well in getting rid of the ticket pocket on the jacket so thank you to whoever brought it up.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 223

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I would like to know what this thread think of this specific trouser - sport coat combination (both from S&M). I am trying somewhat tonal looks but I am not 100% convinced of this one.

I also want to confirm that a simple seam ripper worked very well in getting rid of the ticket pocket on the jacket so thank you to whoever brought it up.

To my eye, something is not quite right there. Maybe the trousers are too warm in tone for the cool jacket, shirt and tie colors?

Are those the light brown flannel trousers from Minnis?

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

To my eye, something is not quite right there. Maybe the trousers are too warm in tone for the cool jacket, shirt and tie colors?

Same exact thought as @BlueSteel ...the pairing doesn't seem to quite work and I was thinking warm vs cold mismatch. If not that, maybe some weird clashing in the undertones.

I don't blame you for trying the combo...If I saw those two items separately I would've guessed that they would look good together.

Commonbloke

Reaction score
Same exact thought as @BlueSteel ...the pairing doesn't seem to quite work and I was thinking warm vs cold mismatch. I don't blame you for trying the combo...If I saw those two items separately I would've guessed that they would look good together.

Thanks guys, I guess I feel the same but couldn't put the finger on why. The trousers are VBC flannel.

JayDee90

Reaction score
D
Hi Guys,

Care to share the details on the shirt?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two shirts. A OCDB and their purple label button down dress shirt.

The purple label fits well for OTR but the OCDB friggin balloons out at the back only. Anyone notice a difference with fabrics? Everywhere in the shirt fits well minus the back.

I could and may put darts but wtf?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, going to ask again. Anybody have the crew neck merino wool sweaters? Are they trim fit? Looking for sweater to wear over dress shirt but want it a trim tailored fit not to blocky.
Managed to get a pic for you. Not the best pic but wore this to my cousin's engagement party. Size large. I'm 5'9 and 172 lbs
PXL_20221027_231604442~3.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Try a cooler brown pair of trouser. The jacket features a gray undertone, hence leans more towards a cooler shade.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What people above said re: choosing a cool gray tone instead. Also, is that the lower gorge jacket or regular? @Commonbloke

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spier & Mackay Abraham Moon MTO SC and VBC charcoal covert twill trousers.

Ideally, I'd like to keep the outfit monochromatic. The shoes are dark brown scotchgrain. Still in search for the ideal black reverse split toe in grained leather.
IMG_20221209_104709_edit_2754770242240587.jpg
IMG_20221209_114139.jpg
IMG_20221209_104809.jpg
IMG_20221209_105212_edit_2754830918808286.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads