• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes - it is called light gray, but more like mid for sure. Love this ensemble - the trousers look great with the jacket. And I'm guessing those are Vass scotch grain Budapest derbies? Very nice.
Thank you. Yes, indeed they are. Good eye, sir.
20221111_074558.jpg
20221111_074606.jpg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Suede jacket looks so good not sure I can resist...but may go the trucker variant...light or dark 😬
I am wanting the medium brown trucker, but I’m willing to wait to see if they eventually go on sale come SS23. Definitely see it as a next year purchase
Seeing as the high-rise chinos are coming back in stock, what are people's thoughts on the standard chinos?

I have been a bit miffed with S&M chinos in the past with popping seams and not very soft fabric.
I haven’t had any issues with the regular chinos. Very slight shrinkage, but not much; others will say they shrink massively somehow.
Great fabric

dogjaeja

Reaction score
I have a button stance question: do Long jackets have a lower buttoning point compared to Regular?

Andmoreagain

Reaction score
Did anyone get the 40 percent wool/60 linen Marling and Evans medium grey herringbone from this past Spring/Summer season? If so, how do you like the fabric?

JTrent82

Reaction score
I have a button stance question: do Long jackets have a lower buttoning point compared to Regular?
Yes- a Long jacket will button lower on your body than the same jacket in Regular will button on your body.

edit: Buttoning point is relative to the total length of the garment.

BostownMA

Reaction score
Sorry, going to ask again. Anybody have the crew neck merino wool sweaters? Are they trim fit? Looking for sweater to wear over dress shirt but want it a trim tailored fit not to blocky.

They are fairly trim. I am 6' and circa 200lbs, large is about as trim as I could get away with. At your height/weight, I wouldn't do the small

tmckay2

Reaction score
Anybody watched spier suit stock enough to know if they just randomly get core suits back in or if it's only at specific times? Curious how closely I need to watch it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads