• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know at least another member in addition to myself was interested in this jacket which has been available as an MTO option. Thought I'd share some news regarding it since it's no longer available. Spoke to Rick about it. He reported back after a while that a decision has been made to offer it OTR/RTW next FW. Great news imo!
IMG_20221201_224444_551.jpg
IMG_20221201_224446_426.jpg

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got the jacket. It's beautiful, and really well made. Looks better made than the Valstarino. Unfortunately, it's a lot smaller than what the size guide indicates. It's supposed to be 42.5 inches chest for a 38, I measure 39 inches. I can barely close it.
We appreciate you for being the guinea pig, good to know

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! May I ask your height and weight and what size it is? I'm always a shmedium, can't decide between small and medium. I'm 5'9 160lbs and wear a 38r slim.

Same height as you. But I'm 170lbs. Maybe 172 lol and I went with a large.
Medium definitely for you.

tmckay2

Reaction score
Same height as you. But I'm 170lbs. Maybe 172 lol and I went with a large.
Medium definitely for you.

Thank you! It's tough because sometimes the larger of the two is billowy or boxy and sometimes not. And as we all know returns are a nightmare

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got the jacket. It's beautiful, and really well made. Looks better made than the Valstarino. Unfortunately, it's a lot smaller than what the size guide indicates. It's supposed to be 42.5 inches chest for a 38, I measure 39 inches. I can barely close it.

seriously great value if it is better than a Valstarino

A12321

Reaction score
Thanks so much! May I ask your height and weight and what size it is? I'm always a shmedium, can't decide between small and medium. I'm 5'9 160lbs and wear a 38r slim.
I have similar measurements. In S&M Neo Cut, I find that I sometimes fit in a 38S Contemporary, 36R Contemporary, or 38R Slim. Hasn't been so consistent for me between different suits. How about you?

acg2010

Reaction score
Anyone else wish Spier's dress shirts were like 2 or so inches longer? I find they're a little on the short side for overall length and start to come untucked too easily. It's too bad, because I really like some of the new italian full spread collar ones.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's purely based on my feeling and what I remember from the last time I tried a Valstarino. I don't have one on hand to make a more objective comparison. But the leather feels/looks nicer and the finishing seems cleaner.

i have no complaints about the valsterino I have but this is great to hear. At the very least it means they are not that far off

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm too caught up with stuff and missed the sale. Is the next one Boxing Day?

sydneycider

Reaction score
Seeing as the high-rise chinos are coming back in stock, what are people's thoughts on the standard chinos?

I have been a bit miffed with S&M chinos in the past with popping seams and not very soft fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads