• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jlee80

Reaction score
It is indeed. They're trying to make it automatic. Meaning they'll Tey to add more fabrics to the custom section and delete redundant/overlapping fabrics between different mills. Some customers, like me and you, want specific fabrics and place the order through email. This causes administration and errors. Adding a wider selection of fabrics eliminates these issues. But it seems to take some time to implement. Hence why I go through Rick.
I was able to get it worked out. Thanks for the advice!

BlueSteel

Reaction score
FYI, the Abraham Moon black and white check sports jackets just went live for sale (but still in the preview section) - single and double breasted. I really like this one, so took the plunge.

From their Insta, the story is that S&M worked with Moon to develop this specific "Shetland" tweed fabric just for them. 370gsm:

"A custom developed, old school, B&W check from Abraham Moon. Not available in their stock collection, nor from their seasonal offering. We were looking for the perfect scale and couldn't find it, so we made it. We opted to have it done in their famous "Shetland" Tweed. Nice and spongy with a crunchy hand. An absolutely amazing and stunning classic jacket that you will enjoy for YEARS."

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy heathered covert twill trousers
IMG_20221201_091932_edit_2486457637504966.jpg
IMG_20221201_092043_edit_2486401614812266.jpg
IMG_20221201_092436.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look great in the last shot - I was also tempted by them as I liked last year's iteration - this year's appeared to have a different fabric code and seemed a darker shade on the web site.
Thanks. I'm not familiar with the covert offerings from last year as I wasn't in the market for coverts back then. The current iteration is great however. There's another dark navy that Spier offers which is also part of a suit. I think they're significantly darker (fabric also seems different, more like the covert twill stone fabric) without the colour variation that this heathered version offers.

There's another (Norwegian) affiliate vendor that offers these trousers as well. Their pics are better than Spier's if you want to have another look at the fabric.

It's difficult to find good navy odd trousers. These are definitely one of the better I've come across. Once I saw that Spier stocked them, I didn't hesitate. Happy i did.

Reaction score
Finally washed my Angelico waffle knit chore jacket after wearing it last week and really disappointed with the results (cold water/hang dry, followed the care tag). It seems to have shrunk around 1-2in in each dimension, notably the collar, sleeves and body. Anyone else have similar results with their chore jackets?

Attachments

• 20221113_214702.jpg
    20221113_214702.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 20221201_082703.jpg
    20221201_082703.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 161

JHud

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Italian full spread collar? Was wondering how it looked with tie/jacket.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Italian full spread collar? Was wondering how it looked with tie/jacket.

Here's a few

EDIT : pics removed, these were the Italian spread, not the full spread 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

sfny

Reaction score
I was able to get it worked out. Thanks for the advice!
What did you ultimately do? I am also interested in Guabello and Filarte MTO fabrics, and I'd love to know what you found out (availability, price, etc) . . .

moimael

Reaction score
Just ordered a A-1 leather flight jacket. I'm in Canada so returns are not an issue. I'll do a retex in a couple of days when I get it.

So I got the jacket. It's beautiful, and really well made. Looks better made than the Valstarino. Unfortunately, it's a lot smaller than what the size guide indicates. It's supposed to be 42.5 inches chest for a 38, I measure 39 inches. I can barely close it.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect case of being unable to please everyone. Looks far too denim-y for me, though, admittedly, I'm probably about the worst candidate possible for navy odd trousers, as the odd jacket they would be worn with is almost certainly navy as well :rotflmao:

Big fan of the coverts though. I think I have 7 pairs awaiting pickup from the tailor, and a couple more to send their way.

MrFingers

Reaction score
So I got the jacket. It's beautiful, and really well made. Looks better made than the Valstarino. Unfortunately, it's a lot smaller than what the size guide indicates. It's supposed to be 42.5 inches chest for a 38, I measure 39 inches. I can barely close it.
Pics? Chance that you got sent one with wrong tags?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads