• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Curious if the web pics of these are accurate, would be great if you could share some insight and maybe some real world photos.

Will take a pic in the AM wearing them in outdoor light!

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Curious if the web pics of these are accurate, would be great if you could share some insight and maybe some real world photos.

Just comparing them now indoors against the S&M pics and against DonRaphael's for sale pics on my computer monitor.

To my eye these are much closer to the S&M pics...quite close. Significantly lighter hued than DonRaphael's for sale pics.

But I'll follow up with some of my own pics tomorrow so you can see.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just comparing them now indoors against the S&M pics and against DonRaphael's for sale pics on my computer monitor.

To my eye these are much closer to the S&M pics...quite close. Significantly lighter hued than DonRaphael's for sale pics.

But I'll follow up with some of my own pics tomorrow so you can see.
The shade is a true mid gray. Imo these two pictures below perfectly illustrates the shade. Taken under natural light. It's the suit to the right.
IMG_20220908_094500.jpg
IMG_20220908_094445.jpg

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
Anyone know what kind of material/weight the heathered brushed shirts are? I cannot seem to find them outside of the preview page that doesn’t list specs, unfortunately.

1669580632407.jpeg

jsong812

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the new full canvassed tux in the wild? I like that this version has more classic styling with a little structure in the shoulder. Thanks

zspasic1

Reaction score
Is the rugby size chart correct? It seems to run very large:

It says size S has a 19.3 inch shoulder, for example. I’ve reached out to CS but perhaps someone who’s received the shirt can chime in.

tomm94

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the new full canvassed tux in the wild? I like that this version has more classic styling with a little structure in the shoulder. Thanks

Trousers currently at the tailors but I have an event next Tuesday I'm planning on wearing this for so will try and report back!

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with Spier&Mackay Ties?

Looking at a couple of them and curious how the construction is. I prefer lightweight ties and usually buy ties from Viola Milano, Shibumi, Paolo Albizatti etc.

Thanks for the info!

KWang94

Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with Spier&Mackay Ties?

Looking at a couple of them and curious how the construction is. I prefer lightweight ties and usually buy ties from Viola Milano, Shibumi, Paolo Albizatti etc.

Thanks for the info!

SM ties are decent, I would say it's a solid tie for the price. But if you're looking to compare to Shibumi/Drake's/VM, you're gonna be disappointed.

jsong812

Reaction score
Fatigue is different. I have the first one and it's a very nice, conservative greyish/green (doesn't look like the web pics ), the linen has a good weight and quality IMO. The trousers however were washed after sewing and therefore very slim. I had to size up with them and then take 2" out the waist.

I can share in the wild pics later if you're interested

How would you say the linen fits? With the few linen products I’ve had from spier, they tend to be cut large (ie obcd, trousers), so I wonder if I should go from a contemporary to slim fit? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads