• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pyunghwa

Reaction score
Anyone with a polo coat that can confirm if yhe coat can be lengthened?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VBC/Drapers/call if what you will 4-ply. Thing is awesome.
41252E91-A260-4998-8480-130BB4E2C4D7.jpeg

jclonin7

Reaction score
So two questions regarding SM custom program.

1. I ordered this heather herringbone Harris Tweed jacket from SM in January. It wasn’t in their cloth selection but they procured it from HFW. I would like to make a blazer out of Anglo Italian cloth that is readily available but I was told they only make using the cloths listed on their site. Is this a recent change of policy?

2. Does the new neo cut have even more open and angled front quarters? This Harris Tweed has a strong cutaway. Also, the dimensions were smaller in every direction compared to my other custom orders and therefore required a good bit of alterations.

Attachments

• A90AE9F2-FCF2-488B-88D0-896D95D4AB43.jpeg
    A90AE9F2-FCF2-488B-88D0-896D95D4AB43.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 175
  • 490C933B-FBBF-434B-A6F8-3C9AA5989B48.jpeg
    490C933B-FBBF-434B-A6F8-3C9AA5989B48.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 183
  • F4424C11-0194-40C6-82E3-88B9E79AF511.jpeg
    F4424C11-0194-40C6-82E3-88B9E79AF511.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 167

JTrent82

Reaction score
Zoomer girl at checkout counter: "Hey I really like your outfit! It has that whole Dark Academia vibe."
Me (confused): "I don't know what that means."
Zoomer: "Wow, because you're really nailing it."

😂

Imperatores

Reaction score
So two questions regarding SM custom program.

1. I ordered this heather herringbone Harris Tweed jacket from SM in January. It wasn’t in their cloth selection but they procured it from HFW. I would like to make a blazer out of Anglo Italian cloth that is readily available but I was told they only make using the cloths listed on their site. Is this a recent change of policy?

2. Does the new neo cut have even more open and angled front quarters? This Harris Tweed has a strong cutaway. Also, the dimensions were smaller in every direction compared to my other custom orders and therefore required a good bit of alterations.

I can't answer your questions, but I wanted to compliment the end result. Great looking jacket! It's a bit shorter than ideal, but other than that the fit looks solid and compliments your build nicely. I really like how the Italian silhouette combines and contrasts with some of the more rugged style details. I bet it looks awesome with a light wash denim shirt and some olive cords.

sydneycider

Reaction score
My merino polos clearly say dry-clean only... does anyone actually dry clean their polo shirts? 🧐

I ran them through the delicate cycle with Woolite and they came out fine, but now I'm troubled.
I assume that's to indemnify S&M in case anybody's polo shrinks in the wash. I think in most cases they'll be fine to wash, but personally I haven't washed mine out of fear. Would love to hear of others experiences.

jclonin7

Reaction score
I can't answer your questions, but I wanted to compliment the end result. Great looking jacket! It's a bit shorter than ideal, but other than that the fit looks solid and compliments your build nicely. I really like how the Italian silhouette combines and contrasts with some of the more rugged style details. I bet it looks awesome with a light wash denim shirt and some olive cords.
Thanks. I agree on the length. Unfortunately that’s the one thing I can’t alter but at least it covers my bum. It ended up being almost an inch shorter than my other commissions.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Thanks. I agree on the length. Unfortunately that’s the one thing I can’t alter but at least it covers my bum. It ended up being almost an inch shorter than my other commissions.

The length being off by an entire inch is unacceptable imo. They should offer you a remake or at least a partial refund or full store credit if that is actually the case. Being off by that much completely defeats the purpose of being able to customize the length to begin with. Have you spoken to CS about it?

Given the casual nature of the jacket I still think it works quite well with its current length however, even if it's right on the limit of being too short. You might even be able to make it work with jeans if you're into that sort of thing.

iloveplaid

Reaction score

may I ask where you got those trousers and roughly what the measurements are? The colour, fabric and fit are exactly what I’m looking for

jclonin7

Reaction score
The length being off by an entire inch is unacceptable imo. They should offer you a remake or at least a partial refund or full store credit if that is actually the case. Being off by that much completely defeats the purpose of being able to customize the length to begin with. Have you spoken to CS about it?

Given the casual nature of the jacket I still think it works quite well with its current length however, even if it's right on the limit of being too short. You might even be able to make it work with jeans if you're into that sort of thing.
Honestly, I mentioned it when I first got it and they said it must have been on the lower side of the tolerances. I could be overstating the inch, but it is more than the tolerance for sure. The fabric does work well though and I have been able to carefully stretch it at the bottom to get just a tad bit of length. Maybe I should measure them and let them know.

jclonin7

Reaction score
may I ask where you got those trousers and roughly what the measurements are? The colour, fabric and fit are exactly what I’m looking for
These are the high rise contemporary fit trousers from SM using the Brisbane Moss quest cotton in the color khaki. They are a size 38 and I let the seat out about 3/4 of an inch.

gonnagetmine

Reaction score
MTO question-- does going from contemporary to slim affect anything other the measurements listed, like armhole, sleeve width, sleeve taper, etc?

I wear 40L contemporary RTW but think 41L slim will require the least amount of shoulder/chest/waist/length adjustments, as long as those are the only differences. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads