• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hysteria

Reaction score
I"m also surprised they're selling shoes for some reason lol...
Might as well get into watches next.

jtsc88

Reaction score
Just noticed that the MTO trouser rise measurements can be different from the RTW measurements.
For example High rise Slim 32, the Rise, Thigh, and Hem are all different.

MTO.jpg
RTW.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed that the MTO trouser rise measurements can be different from the RTW measurements.
For example High rise Slim 32, the Rise, Thigh, and Hem are all different.

View attachment 1823728 View attachment 1823729
That's not good. Must be a system error. Email CS. What's the point if that is indeed the case?

With thst being said, I've never given it any attention but my MTO orders have always been the same as my RTW (I don't do changes to the trousers except hemming and cuffs).

Imperatores

Reaction score
I"m also surprised they're selling shoes for some reason lol...

Their footwear is actually quite good. I have a pair of suede jumper boots (got them on a solid discount), and they're nicer than comparable offerings from some well-known makers like Meermin. And I quite like Meermin. I can't speak to the quality of the latest Blake-stitched range, though.

Wow. Was this an attempt at humor? It wasn't funny at all. Try again, boomer.

Wow. Just wow.:facepalm:

His joke was nowhere near as lame and unoriginal as calling someone a boomer or saying "Wow. Just wow", though...

Last edited:

LongGoneDay

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered a knit (polo) MTM-shirt? How did it turn out? How much fusing did you go for so no 'collar collapse' would occur (for a button down shirt)?

Imperatores

Reaction score
Shetland sweaters are up in the previews View attachment 1823457

I was quite happy to see these. I've been hoping for some Shetland sweaters with the same short length as the deep v-necks from last FW (maybe a bit slimmer through the body, though), and these look like they could be exactly that. Kind of hard to tell how long they are from the pics, though. I'm also a little bummed by the lack of a mid or light gray, but who knows what else they have coming.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wearing my first SM suit: a tan solaro. It hugs my neck beautifully, back panels drape perfectly. It doesn't sit quite exact on the back of my neck but that could be because of my terrible posture. If I had commissioned this I'd maybe want the back cleaned a little but honestly that's probably just nitpicking.

Doxe

Reaction score
Any feedback on these Parka's?
WAs hoping to pick it up on sale just for occasions where I don't want to wear my nicer coats. Curious about sizing on these too since theyre final sale so I can't return.

I am 5'9" and weigh 160lbs. I wear a S&M 40R suit. I bought a medium Boudin parka. It fits well, but does not have enough room to be worn over tailored clothing. Wearing the Boudin over a suit jacket will crush the shoulders of the jacket. Treat it as a stand-alone parka you would wear with a sweater. It is not an overcoat.

I would not size up because then the arms would be too long for me.

Length is fine, still some room in the waist for ease of movement, but not enough to be worn over a suit.

hysteria

Reaction score
I am 5'9" and weigh 160lbs. I wear a S&M 40R suit. I bought a medium Boudin parka. It fits well, but does not have enough room to be worn over tailored clothing. Wearing the Boudin over a suit jacket will crush the shoulders of the jacket. Treat it as a stand-alone parka you would wear with a sweater. It is not an overcoat.

I would not size up because then the arms would be too long for me.

Length is fine, still some room in the waist for ease of movement, but not enough to be worn over a suit.

I would never wear something like this over a jacket or suit. That's what topcoats are for. Wearing this over a suit would look like an abomination.
I was actually thinking of sizing down as some of the comments were that these run big.

delfam

Reaction score
still looking for a picture or feedback on the denim chore coat before purchasing if anyone has an opinion. The price is very good

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still looking for a picture or feedback on the denim chore coat before purchasing if anyone has an opinion. The price is very good

Isn't it at least slightly pretentious to buy peasant clothing for 108 dollars? Like, literally the coat is designed for French peasants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads