• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hysteria

Reaction score
Any feedback on these Parka's?
WAs hoping to pick it up on sale just for occasions where I don't want to wear my nicer coats. Curious about sizing on these too since theyre final sale so I can't return.

Stylewords

Reaction score
That sure hasn’t been my experience with the Italian spread collar. I’ve got a bunch of them. All of them points under lapels. Can’t imagine needing even longer points
I forget now the different styles of Italian collar, but there were many comments a while back that they don't fall under the lapels of the jacket. As an aside, I can't stand high collar bands - they look ridiculous.

Hudson

Reaction score
Can anyone give a review on the wax jacket? Anyone give these a spin. Thanks.
I got mine last week. I am normally a 40R contemp or 42 Slim and i sized down to a small. Could not layer with the vest attached but a nice tailored fit without it. The fit isn't boxy as I had feared from the size chart. If they still had a medium I would be considering getting another one for layering. I love this thing. For the 30% off on top of the discount, it's a damn steal. It's substantial even without the vest attached, and a lot of thought and care clearly went into the details and construction of the jacket. And it's a nice change from the hoity-toity feel of tailoring!

My only gripe with it is that the nature of the snap buttons is that they make a ruckus when they aren't buttoned -- wish they didn't include them in the vents.

apd90700

Reaction score
Any feedback on these Parka's?
WAs hoping to pick it up on sale just for occasions where I don't want to wear my nicer coats. Curious about sizing on these too since theyre final sale so I can't return.

Also curious on sizing for the parkas. I wear a Slim 36s for sport coats, wondering if the XS or S would be better. Can anyone speak to the sizing?

Pepetito

Reaction score
I got mine last week. I am normally a 40R contemp or 42 Slim and i sized down to a small. Could not layer with the vest attached but a nice tailored fit without it. The fit isn't boxy as I had feared from the size chart. If they still had a medium I would be considering getting another one for layering. I love this thing. For the 30% off on top of the discount, it's a damn steal. It's substantial even without the vest attached, and a lot of thought and care clearly went into the details and construction of the jacket. And it's a nice change from the hoity-toity feel of tailoring!

My only gripe with it is that the nature of the snap buttons is that they make a ruckus when they aren't buttoned -- wish they didn't include them in the vents.
Hmm. I'm a 38S contemporary usually with short arms (5'7 150). Sounds like i'd need a XS. Bummer.
thanks for the reply.

tomm94

Reaction score
It’s interesting to see that almost the entire “liquidation sale” is for the athleisure type stuff S&M have sold. I know I’ve seen a lot of discussion on this thread about how we in the CM world are a small part of S&M’s client base and presumably the markups and returns available on the athleisure stuff are probably very good but it seems like maybe they haven’t really moved much? I have to admit I’m not massively surprised - it seems like such a well served market that I can’t picture people buying things “sight unseen” from S&M when they can go to a mall and get something similar? I wonder if we’ll see less athleisure in future drops?

I hope I don’t come off as discouraging btw, I love S&M and already have my eye on a lot of those Fall previews (I just hope they’re staggered so I can afford to buy them all before they sell out!)

Jlee80

Reaction score
It’s interesting to see that almost the entire “liquidation sale” is for the athleisure type stuff S&M have sold. I know I’ve seen a lot of discussion on this thread about how we in the CM world are a small part of S&M’s client base and presumably the markups and returns available on the athleisure stuff are probably very good but it seems like maybe they haven’t really moved much? I have to admit I’m not massively surprised - it seems like such a well served market that I can’t picture people buying things “sight unseen” from S&M when they can go to a mall and get something similar? I wonder if we’ll see less athleisure in future drops?

I hope I don’t come off as discouraging btw, I love S&M and already have my eye on a lot of those Fall previews (I just hope they’re staggered so I can afford to buy them all before they sell out!)
I agree 100% I think that market is fine. Hope S&M gets back to the basics with more suiting, SC, Dress shirt and shoe options.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also curious on sizing for the parkas. I wear a Slim 36s for sport coats, wondering if the XS or S would be better. Can anyone speak to the sizing?
I believe I took an XS in the Parka and I wear a 36R Slim sportcoat

apd90700

Reaction score
I believe I took an XS in the Parka and I wear a 36R Slim sportcoat
Can you double check? Would really appreciate it. Does it fit slim when you sized at XS, or do you have room to wear layered clothing underneath?

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good points. The competition is much stronger in that space. Additionally, the added SKUs increase complexity and capital outlays for Rick. I remember his talking about wanting to stay lean and with a limited number of SKUs a few years back but since then the variety seems to have exploded. I hope they’re able to clear out some excess inventory at decent prices and not take a major bath here. And, looking forward to FW22!

sydneycider

Reaction score

Yep, I'm all for S&M bringing in casual pieces as long as they are classic inspired that you can't easily find elsewhere. Like knit polos or high rise chinos. Athleisure is such a saturated market and I don't think your average punter is interested in products from a semi-obscure online only company.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads