• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this? Looks like lots of fantastic teasers that will be difficult to choose from this upcoming season, but this one captured my attention bc I've been looking for something similar to the brown donegal jacket that Simon is wearing in his photos from PS with the navy blue polo (not the brown herringbone with grey and white polos).

This seems like a relatively close match? Perhaps Simon's is a bit more taupe where this is a bit more reddish brown, bronze.

I am almost 100% certain the di Pray cloth on these upcoming Neo-cut suit separates is the same exact cloth as the one used for my Eidos “Lorenzo” cut jacket from 2014. I will likely even order the trousers—knowing full well a gap of 7 years means there is likely to be a difference in color—in case they do match well enough that I could make mine into a suit And go full farmer.

DF1410A3-5B73-4DDC-9B32-F29A2F471313.jpeg

Nitrogen

Reaction score
Anyone have this Bold Burnt Orange & Teal Check - Neapolitan Cut sportcoat? I'd love to see a few pictures.

Custom-13-1.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am almost 100% certain the di Pray cloth on these upcoming Neo-cut suit separates is the same exact cloth as the one used for my Eidos “Lorenzo” cut jacket from 2014. I will likely even order the trousers—knowing full well a gap of 7 years means there is likely to be a difference in color—in case they do match well enough that I could make mine into a suit And go full farmer.

View attachment 1820124
Color doesn't do anything for me, but assuming it's the same makeup (or similar) to last year's Grey SC/Trews, highly recommend anybody who likes brown give it a try. It's awesome.

WarrenG

Reaction score
I know there’s been no shortage of the neo-cut armhole discussion in this thread, but I’m a little lost as to where we’re currently at. I own half a dozen standard Spier suits and a couple of jackets and all fit well with minimal tailoring. The same is true of my FW 2019 neo cut suit. Then this past spring, I ordered a neo cut wool/linen blazer and there was no fixing it. I thought maybe it was a bit in my head from all the discussion on this board, but my tailor took one look at it on me and gave it an immediate thumbs down. The new cut seems to just come up way too high for my build.

My question is if there is any sort of confirmed timeline for when they made the shift to this much higher cut for the neo style-i.e. If looking at older sale stuff at what point does the cut jump up? And then secondly, when do we anticipate the supposed drop back down (as I understand it, not fully?), or has that already happened?

JTrent82

Reaction score
I know there’s been no shortage of the neo-cut armhole discussion in this thread, but I’m a little lost as to where we’re currently at. I own half a dozen standard Spier suits and a couple of jackets and all fit well with minimal tailoring. The same is true of my FW 2019 neo cut suit. Then this past spring, I ordered a neo cut wool/linen blazer and there was no fixing it. I thought maybe it was a bit in my head from all the discussion on this board, but my tailor took one look at it on me and gave it an immediate thumbs down. The new cut seems to just come up way too high for my build.

My question is if there is any sort of confirmed timeline for when they made the shift to this much higher cut for the neo style-i.e. If looking at older sale stuff at what point does the cut jump up? And then secondly, when do we anticipate the supposed drop back down (as I understand it, not fully?), or has that already happened?
As I understand it, the entire FW21 catalog features the +2cm armhole, as well as some portion of the SS22 jackets. The armhole was lowered by 1cm sometime during SS22 production, and all FW22 jackets should feature this iteration of the armhole, as well as all MTO jackets. So jackets currently in production will be +1cm compared to pre FW21 and -1cm from the FW21 jackets.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Re: the new new armhole. I’ll have to give it another chance with the FW releases just to be sure. I’ll be pretty sad if it turns out to be unworkable for me given some of the new releases they’ve teased.

Commonbloke

Reaction score
It was much colder in Canada today which allowed me to wear one of my favorite (and I believe underrated) SM piece, the charcoal VBC covert. The picture is taken at the end of the day. The suit has been worn all day and is still mostly in great shape.

IMG_3284.jpeg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was much colder in Canada today which allowed me to wear one of my favorite (and I believe underrated) SM piece, the charcoal VBC covert. The picture is taken at the end of the day. The suit has been worn all day and is still mostly in great shape.

View attachment 1820553
Killer suit. Really hoping SM leans into jetted pockets this FW.

JayDee90

Reaction score

View attachment 1820553
While I also love this suit, I do have to point out that it was 35+ in Toronto (and swampy) which is pretty normal for Toronto summers...just in case others think that Canada is a frigid block of ice 24/7/365...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads