• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sydneycider

Reaction score
Did thoes just get released? I was eyeballing their linen, but totally msised those.
Do you guys buy your SM linen shirts in the same size as the cotton? I sometimes find with most shirtmakers that the linens can be a bit roomier than the cotton in the same size, so I'm curious what others do.
Linen shirts should be a little roomier because linen doesn't stretch and it creases (making sleeves and the body shorter over a day).

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Spier festive shirt in the wild. Along with their linen pants.

20220622050943_IMG_4989.JPG

dc_slicker

Reaction score
New to SM... Just ordered a suit from them and I was impressed...

So would like to get few white shirts as well..

https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/white-royal-twill-srt-w-c13f5-k - is it any good? still can take advantage of 20% sale that brings this shirt to $52..

too bad, they dont have full spread collar one in my size

Became a fan fan of full spread after seeing Harvey in The Suits... and yes, totally got the suit for those peak lapels :)

go with Italian spread or wait for full spread to become available again?

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a couple of sport shirts as they have become favorites of mine. The blue and olive cotton linen and the incredible indigo royal oxford, this time in the light wash. Don't sleep on that shirt guys, it's sooooo good.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Just picked up a couple of sport shirts as they have become favorites of mine. The blue and olive cotton linen and the incredible indigo royal oxford, this time in the light wash. Don't sleep on that shirt guys, it's sooooo good.
link?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agree about that indigo royal oxford shirt. Got it in both washes. great shirts

hysteria

Reaction score
I know it's a SM thread, but I imagine others here have tried SS as well? How do their jackets and trousers fit compared to SM? I find SS prices their clothes higher than SM, and I've heard complaints in the past that SS pants don't fit them well, but SM doesn't really seem to accomplish that either. SS seems to be offering some nice options but I have no idea about their fit and quality of construction.

Click821

Reaction score
I know it's a SM thread, but I imagine others here have tried SS as well? How do their jackets and trousers fit compared to SM? I find SS prices their clothes higher than SM, and I've heard complaints in the past that SS pants don't fit them well, but SM doesn't really seem to accomplish that either. SS seems to be offering some nice options but I have no idea about their fit and quality of construction.
I've tried both. I have quite a few SS jackets and suits The burgundy windowpane jacket in collaro thread is mine. Thats untailored Havana in a 38r. The only cut I have with SM is their slim fit neopolitan sport coats. I wear the same 38r in that, but I find the waist a little but more tapered in the slim neopolitan cut. Not a lot but it's there. I like both very much. SM has better lapel roll. Unfortunately I dont really have any experience with trousers in this case to compare. I've had jackets and suits for years l at this point and they hold up well. No issues at all. Same with spier

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How heavy are these. They look beefy from the pictures
Medium weight. Not like an oxford but maybe too heavy for mid summer weather in many locations. Great texture to the fabric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads