• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the actual lead time for MTO items? I am trying to get a suit in before early July for a wedding, but the MTO page says "Delivery by July 22 to 27". Anyone receive their items sooner than expected?
With staffing and other issues in China, would definitely not count on anyone being able to deliver a custom suit sooner than quoted.

Blondie87

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the actual lead time for MTO items? I am trying to get a suit in before early July for a wedding, but the MTO page says "Delivery by July 22 to 27". Anyone receive their items sooner than expected?
My MTO sport coat has been delayed because of the lockdowns in Shanghai. Not sure if they produce suits at the same place but since UPS couldn’t deliver to China during the lockdown it’s been delayed until they open back up.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't go this route unless you get explicit confirmation it can be done...and even then, given the absurdity of the lockdown situation in China, err on the side of caution.
Absolutely do not cross your fingers and hope to beat quoted times by a few weeks...unless you have a viable alternative if things go sideways.

Jlee80

Reaction score
My last MTO suit orders were on March 11 & 18. I received all but 1 of the suits 2 weeks ago, and the last one should be to me very soon. But yeah… I don’t think you should place a MTO order and think you will get it by early July… too risky.

zspasic1

Reaction score
Anybody have irl photos of the knit tees/polos? Would like to see how they fit

naixium

Reaction score
Received the mocca suede jumper boots. Very elegant with a nice last, nap, colour, build and visual proportion. They are lovely but run slightly small; not an issue anymore after doing some things to them that definitely violated the return policy.

One thing I dislike about the boots are the folded flaps of leather on the inside that attach the tongue to the inside of the upper. Gonna assume this is intended to keep the tongue aligned or to protect it, but I found them to be uncomfortable, unnecessary and would catch my feet on it sometimes. Likely going to remove them but I hope they aren't included in the next additions.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the mocca suede jumper boots. Very elegant with a nice last, nap, colour, build and visual proportion. They are lovely but run slightly small; not an issue anymore after doing some things to them that definitely violated the return policy.

One thing I dislike about the boots are the folded flaps of leather on the inside that attach the tongue to the inside of the upper. Gonna assume this is intended to keep the tongue aligned or to protect it, but I found them to be uncomfortable, unnecessary and would catch my feet on it sometimes. Likely going to remove them but I hope they aren't included in the next additions.

The gusseted tongues are often found on work boots or hiking boots. They're designed to keep dirt/water out of the boots (I think). They are somewhat annoying at first if you aren't used to them, but they will become much more comfortable over time.

noverbeck

Reaction score
Does anyone have the new linen field jackets yet? I'm a bit torn between the navy, brown check and dark green. Also curious about weight.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are the kit cotton polos in the 2nd version? I don't recall anymore but knowing Spier it's always an improvement over the original versions. I have a casual wedding to attend in July. I was thinking of picking up the knit cotton sweater for a smart but casual look. Plus, I don't want to be sweating ****** off

SteveMc

Reaction score

Head out to here I'm wearing the cream knit t-shirt.

Are the kit cotton polos in the 2nd version? I don't recall anymore but knowing Spier it's always an improvement over the original versions. I have a casual wedding to attend in July. I was thinking of picking up the knit cotton sweater for a smart but casual look. Plus, I don't want to be sweating ****** off

I don't have last year version so can't compare. I think they are very well made, soft and airy. S&M did a very good job of the classic fit, which is roomier at the chest and narrows around the hip.

If you wear regular pique polo in July, you can definitely wear the knit polos.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have last year version so can't compare. I think they are very well made, soft and airy. S&M did a very good job of the classic fit, which is roomier at the chest and narrows around the hip.

Thanks. I'll have to go in store and check it out. Last time I was there, the store was bare

reidrothchild

Reaction score

Concur with this. In terms of cool-wearing, they don't do as well as rayon or linen, but the trade-off is that they look a bit smarter. I've had mine on at two outdoor events recently in 80+ degree temps for a couple of hours, and they did as well, if not better, than a regular pique cotton polo. I think they do a bit better because they're not meant to be tucked in, so (if sized properly) there's better air flow. In terms of differences, I have one from last year and three from this year. I don't think there's any major difference. The fabric from this year's batch feels a bit nicer, and the sleeves feel a bit tighter, but I also can't tell if it just seems that way because I wore and washed the crap out of last year's polo, so it could have stretched a little and the fabric might be a bit rougher? Anyway, I've bought a lot of stuff from Spier, and these polos are my favorite purchase.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Well that was random. The belted balmacaan in 38 showed up and I was fortunate enough to be able to snag it. I wonder where the extra stock comes from this long after it was sold out?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads