• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
I have the Sondrio olive pants SS21 fabric 501779/1904. I see the Sondrio olive jacket is up for sale in the same fabric 501779/1904 but for SS22. The tag inside my SS21 pants say 100% cotton (not the cotton/linen mix, also the buttons are darker). If I get the jacket will it match the pants?

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That armhole change was not a f*ckup. it was a direct response to complaints on this thread that the armholes were too low. Now they are too high and "a f*ckup." Only at SF ?
This is a wacky and oversimplified take, in my opinion…especially because some of the issues called out (including by moi) had nothing to do with the armhole, but adjacent factors that (to my knowledge) are not required tradeoffs that are part and parcel with the change.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see some summer stuff started to pop up. Linen cotton suits in cream and olive. Was that olive fabric ever offered before and if yes, can someone tell me please how's the color IRL. More green or more brown?

Another question. Is navy seersucker restocked seasonally? I bought a suit in 2019, but afraid I'll need one size up. Pandemic made me fat.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
I measured the new breast pocket as 1cm higher although I don't think it's directly related to the armhole change - I say this because I had an MTO done back in the summer with the revised armhole, but that doesn't have the raised breast pocket.

In fact that MTO was the one I spoke about on here when a few of you asked about the raised armhole. I had fed back that the change was hardly noticeable but that's certainly not the case on RTW FW21 which definately feels different (higher) compared to that MTO.

I would surmise that the prototype was OK which passed sampling, but then someone or something changed the armhole/pocket parameters which then rolled out to production.

Spier is aware of the updated breast pocket placement but it seems to have carried over to the most recent SS22 drops. I wonder if those still have the +2cm higher armhole too, anyone want to be a Guinea pig and grab one to test for us? ?

Finer Details say that the SS22 jacket has the "Updated Neo cut with the higher armhole" (not sure if that means 2cm higher).

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Sondrio olive pants SS21 fabric 501779/1904. I see the Sondrio olive jacket is up for sale in the same fabric 501779/1904 but for SS22. The tag inside my SS21 pants say 100% cotton (not the cotton/linen mix, also the buttons are darker). If I get the jacket will it match the pants?
In theory, yes. But beware that since the fabric is cut from different rolls, there's a risk that you might end up with (marginally) different shades.

Spandexter

Reaction score
Customer service has been absolutely awful, tbh. An email I sent 6 days ago has yet to be responded to. I get shipments might be delayed, but 6 days to respond to an email is kind of ridiculous.

Yes. I need to exchange a S to a XS and I've been waiting over a week for a response so I can ship the item back to Canada from AU. All I need is a return authorisation number ☹️

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're going through some personnel changes. That might be what's stalling everything. Be patient and msg Rick on IG if you want quick answers. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
In theory, yes. But beware that since the fabric is cut from different rolls, there's a risk that you might end up with (marginally) different shades.

True. I'm going to wait to hear about the raised armhole in these SS22 Neo jackets before pulling the trigger. I would normally take the risk on the fabric mismatch and use it as a separate if it didn't match.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just another uniform. Dugdale Cavalry twills and navy BG flannel.

2E6D208E-E016-41FF-8B7D-2A16EFD68C5C.jpeg
80120A10-514E-4BE1-97D1-DF7DA0088A0F.jpeg

phanomenologie

Reaction score
Hi folks, looking for some fit guidance. I'm interested in the brown herringbone sc (https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/brown-herringbone-ps370-200218-hntg-01-fw21) but am not sure what size I should order. I own a three-piece suit from S&M in 36 slim, which I find is a decent fit overall, a bit on the snug side (and I already know the sleeves and arguably jacket length look a bit short). I'm wondering if I should size up in the tweed to account for the thicker material. Do folks think a 36 contemporary or 38 slim might make more sense, or should I stick with 36 slim? Picture for reference.
DSCF5917.JPG

closer404

Reaction score
Hi everyone, how’s the quality control on the MTO sportcoats? There’s a fabric+model combo that isn’t available RTW.

If I select my size & don’t mess with the MTO auto populated measurements, the sizing should be identical to RTW right?

I know tinkering with the measurements can sometimes be hit or miss, but if I want the base model, just in my fabric, should be no issues right?

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, how’s the quality control on the MTO sportcoats? There’s a fabric+model combo that isn’t available RTW.

If I select my size & don’t mess with the MTO auto populated measurements, the sizing should be identical to RTW right?

I know tinkering with the measurements can sometimes be hit or miss, but if I want the base model, just in my fabric, should be no issues right?
Your understanding is the same as mine. I have ordered 3 MTO jackets, but I tinkered with the fit each time, because why not. No QC issues here

someone upstream asked for a photo of the winter weight solaro suit. Here goes, best I can do. No tripod
ED2C4106-F498-4138-A935-078960A7BE50.jpeg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tinkering with measurements doesn't affect the quality control. For each measurement you input, there's an +/-0,25" margin of error which Spier deems acceptable.

So basically, if you're unlucky, you could theoretically have all your measurements off by -0,25" and on your next commission, you could have all your measurements off by +0,25". That would make the difference between the two jackets 0,5" for all measurements. That is the worst case scenario of course, but we'll within allowance.

Last edited:

Blondie87

Reaction score
Anyone know how often they run MTO sales? is it just once a year, randomly or after each season?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads