• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Verniza

Reaction score
when was your previous neo from? Which armholes did you request? I ask because the fall 21 armholes were raised, many feel too high, so they will be lowered by an inch for spring 22 apparently. I think this change to higher armholes is what you’re experiencing.

My previous Neo was this,

I guess it's the SS21.

I was not aware that the fit had been changed... Now the MTO doesn't fit properly and is really uncomfortable, I'm wondering what my options are at this point.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when was your previous neo from? Which armholes did you request? I ask because the fall 21 armholes were raised, many feel too high, so they will be lowered by an inch for spring 22 apparently. I think this change to higher armholes is what you’re experiencing.
Correction: the armhole was raised by 2 cm last season. For the coming season it'll be lowered 1 cm. Hence, it'll still be 1 cm higher than prior, but not as much as the past season.

T: 0 cm
T+1: 2 cm
T+2: 1 cm

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TonyStarks

Reaction score
For people who have tried to exchange suit sizes, how was the experience? I am frustrated that for each email sent out, there is a 2-3 days wait to get replied. The suits are sharp and handsome but the email communication is really ineffective. Any suggestion for a better way of costumer service communication? Thanks.
Customer service has been absolutely awful, tbh. An email I sent 6 days ago has yet to be responded to. I get shipments might be delayed, but 6 days to respond to an email is kind of ridiculous.

Verniza

Reaction score
Correction: the armhole was raised by 2 cm last season. For the coming season it'll be lowered 1 cm. Hence, it'll still be 1 cm higher than prior, but not as much as the past season.

T: 0 cm
T+1: 2 cm
T+2: 1 cm

I was just checking the MTO page and couldn't see these details. Are they published somewhere on the website?

SOL, unfortunately I do believe.

Sigh, I have reached out to them via email. Hope there's some negotiation room.

Was hesitant getting back into RTW due to such sizing inconsistencies (til I tried out Spier) so this really wasn't a pleasant experience.. It ain't something that can be solved with some minor alteration work..

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just checking the MTO page and couldn't see these details. Are they published somewhere on the website?

Sigh, I have reached out to them via email. Hope there's some negotiation room.

Was hesitant getting back into RTW due to such sizing inconsistencies (til I tried out Spier) so this really wasn't a pleasant experience.. It ain't something that can be solved with some minor alteration work..
No. Info after speaking to Rick on IG.

Enox

Reaction score
I'd say my experience is rather recent (mid-December), and you can tell that I am not happy with the four suits I received, even after two flights to Toronto.

I would not tell you to avoid S&M's in-store program like the plague, but I think it depends on where you live. Is it so much more expensive to commission a bespoke/MTM suit locally, considering the cost of travel (flight, hotel, etc)? Remember that the downtown store has closed, so you will have to drive all the way to Mississauga. Maybe it still is worth it for you, but I'd say it is possible it might be either cheaper, or better (and only slightly more expensive) to find a tailor somewhere in the US.

And I am not sure if you are aware, but if something does go wrong, you will have to travel to Toronto to make any adjustments (or so I was told).

Appreciate the feedback. Yeah, didn't realize the downtown store closed. I'm currently living in Spokane, WA, which is a small town without a local tailor. I'm moving to Miami in 6 months but my wedding is in 11, and I don't think that'll be enough time to start the process in Miami so close to the wedding. I'm thinking about maybe The Armoury's ring jacket offerings or MTM program as NYC is always more readily available. If you have any recommendations though in Miami, Tampa, or somewhere else I'd be glad for the recs.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DonRaphael Did Rick confirm if this was +2 affects just the Neo? Or does this affect all sports coats? In particular I'm asking about the DB FW21 jackets that were made.
I have no idea tbh. I only buy Neo cut jackets.

Did the non-Neo cut also have their armholes raised this FW season? If so, I'd assume thst the same change will apply for them as well.

ksinc

Reaction score
I noticed the VBC charcoal flannel is avail in suit or s/c, but the med gray is only in s/c. Anyone have the med gray suit? How can I get one?

redhotsili

Reaction score
I have no idea tbh. I only buy Neo cut jackets.

Did the non-Neo cut also have their armholes raised this FW season? If so, I'd assume thst the same change will apply for them as well.

Product descriptions do specify the ‘updated neo cut with raised armholes’ where applicable for FW21 neo sportcoats. And there is no mention of raised armholes for standard sportcoats.

D68ECF08-CE8B-477B-9403-4AAAC15A29BB.jpeg

02F351FB-CFFD-4EB3-8636-50721F9D2F31.jpeg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed the VBC charcoal flannel is avail in suit or s/c, but the med gray is only in s/c. Anyone have the med gray suit? How can I get one?
Email them. They'll help you. Unless I got the last length for a suit. Because I faced the same issue and they added it to the suit section so I could order it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads