• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with SCs with +50 % silk in it? I'm intrigued by this jacket as I think it's much better than the Abraham Moon iteration which featured a smaller scale pattern https://www.spierandmackay.com/prod...---neo-cut---full-canvas-17429c3-nesc-01-ss22

Just not sure about the high silk precentage (55). Ideally I like my FW jackets to feature large patterns and my SS jackets to feature smaller scale patterns, but I'm liking this enough to give it a shot. The texture looks rough in the close up pics as well, which reminds me of a tweed-ish kind of fabric. Which is in stark contrast with the high silk precentage.

ksinc

Reaction score
For S-M-L sizing in S&M do you find you need to size up one size? I am usually either a L or XL in most brands like Brooks or Peter Millar. It looks like I am an XXL in measurements and the sizing guide. I also normally wear a 45L jacket and 35 pants, but I am needing a 47 and 37, respectively, which also pushes me into MTO. TIA!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with SCs with +50 % silk in it? I'm intrigued by this jacket as I think it's much better than the Abraham Moon iteration which featured a smaller scale pattern https://www.spierandmackay.com/prod...---neo-cut---full-canvas-17429c3-nesc-01-ss22

Just not sure about the high silk precentage (55). Ideally I like my FW jackets to feature large patterns and my SS jackets to feature smaller scale patterns, but I'm liking this enough to give it a shot. The texture looks rough in the close up pics as well, which reminds me of a tweed-ish kind of fabric. Which is in stark contrast with the high silk precentage.
Not from S&M or a SC but have a suit that is 100% silk which I'd imagine would qualify for >50%. What were your concerns? Just that there wouldn't be as much texture IRL? Silk can definitely be thicker, very rough and very slubby.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Who asked for full canvas(a free upgrade sometimes) and Milanese buttonhole in RTW? Why increase prices with such silly upgrades I don't get it. Also the higher armhole returned for SS. No communication if its the same as FW or different, bit ridiculous TBH.

Full canvas really is great and definitely worth the extra costs. They run it free to get more MTO attention which really is a good move. The Milanese is a nice touch. I think I’ve only ever used it the once but I do appreciate the sartorial extras. The fabric itself bumps up the price a bit.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not from S&M or a SC but have a suit that is 100% silk which I'd imagine would qualify for >50%. What were your concerns? Just that there wouldn't be as much texture IRL? Silk can definitely be thicker, very rough and very slubby.
Thanks. 100 % silk suit? Sound like something Hugh Hefner would wear, lol. Texture and drape were my main concerns. Any input regarding that or anything else would be welcomed.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. 100 % silk suit? Sound like something Hugh Hefner would wear, lol. Texture and drape were my main concerns. Any input regarding that or anything else would be welcomed.
Obviously a different fabric but no issues on my end with a high silk content on drape or being flat. No concerns with sheen either.
Ultra texture
2C2A4DA6-869D-44B5-A761-3B715108C51E.jpeg
EB70BA6F-4ADF-4D84-8268-57D041FD83AA.jpeg
00FE07B8-9817-4049-8546-4EEF45515614.jpeg

Menswear2021

Reaction score
Excellent looking forward to see how everything Milanese full canvas emerald sells out really soon just how FW2021 Emerald did.I am hoping you got one already ;) ?
Full canvas really is great. They run it free to get more MTO attention which really is a good mood. Full canvas is definitely worth the extra costs. The Milanese is a nice touch. I think I’ve only ever used it the once but I do appreciate the sartorial extras. The fabric itself bumps up the price a bit.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Excellent looking forward to see how everything Milanese full canvas emerald sells out really soon just how FW2021 Emerald did.I am hoping you got one already ;) ?

I’ve been asking for IRL pictures of the FW2021 sc. The biggest problem Spier has is their stock photos are not good representations of what the fabric looks like. Same with the new one. The stock pictures of the sand make it look VERY close to my natural skin color. If it turns out to be different then yeah, I’ll snag that.

MrFingers

Reaction score
That linen/wool Cerruti is orgasm worthy.
I’m hoping someone gets this and compares it to the sand herringbone from last year. But like someone said below, it may not work for someone who’s skin tone looks very similar to it (me)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads