• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about sizing on both the covert twills and the high-rise moleskins as well. Has there been an unusual lack of pics of current season items in the wild this time around?
I have more than a few FW ‘21 trews: both the wool and cotton HR coverts, 2 HR moleskins, and 3 HR flannels. Most of them are awaiting alterations by my tailor. Hopefully should have some photos by end of next week. So far, no issues with sizing.

Reaction score
I'm curious about sizing on both the covert twills and the high-rise moleskins as well. Has there been an unusual lack of pics of current season items in the wild this time around?

I’ve got both in size 30 slim (as well this season’s cavalry twill, Donegal tweed, and the brushed cotton HR), the covert fits the tightest out of all especially from knee down, with cavalry twill next and the moleskin, Donegal tweed, and brushed cotton fitting the best (former being the loosest all around and latter two are perfect fit and drapes the best). Fit is all over the place for trousers and sport coats in the same size and cut so I’ve been very cautious with my S&M purchases.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got both in size 30 slim (as well this season’s cavalry twill, Donegal tweed, and the brushed cotton HR), the covert fits the tightest out of all especially from knee down, with cavalry twill next and the moleskin, Donegal tweed, and brushed cotton fitting the best (former being the loosest all around and latter two are perfect fit and drapes the best). Fit is all over the place for trousers and sport coats in the same size and cut so I’ve been very cautious with my S&M purchases.
I really thought it was my fluctuating weight but having read all these stories about crazy QC hits and misses at least I know it’s not my problem lol

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the sizing consensus on the covert twills this season? I haven't tried the high-rise model yet and if I do, want to make sure and try a pair that's 'canonical' in terms of sizing.

I bought a pair of the coverts in 36 Contemporary. The sizing is fine compared with earlier season's trousers from S&M. They do seem a bit more tapered from the knee downward than other releases however they do fit fine.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought the burgundy and yellow sweat pants, hoodies, and sweat shirts today so I could have the full on Gryffindor Mix and Match look. Hope the athletic stuff lives up the previous stuff.

Was gonna get olive too, but did not feel like spending more money lol.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
They've switched the previews tab to be "Spring 2022 Previews." Sounds like we've got some sneak-peaks coming up soon.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S&M MTO shirt and DB SC
Tie Kent Wang, PS Eton, Pants Corneliani, shoes AE

fullsizeoutput_dae.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_da3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_db2.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_dbe.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_dc1.jpeg

Last edited:

ghh923

Reaction score

@Imperatores @mossrockss

I measured my lovat moleskin HR in 35 slim tonight. I show a little more than 17.6 (call it 35.3ish) waist, 9.1 (18.2) at the knee, and 7 (14) on the leg opening. Rise of 11.4ish.

Side tab was pulled tight, which might (?) explain why my measurements doubled come in short of the 36.5 waist shown on the website. I don't see a knee measurement online, but the leg opening was narrower than 16 listed there (fine with me). The rise was pretty much as measured.

I don't find these inconsistent sizing-wise with my other 35 slims (Fox Air HR, Cavalry HR, a few other suit pants) and enjoy the tapered profile. The fabric and weight are great, and the color is nice. I'll see what the tape measure has to say about my navy HR covert twills next.

Last edited:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ever since I've gotten my moleskin trousers, I'm finding it hard to want to wear any other material again. It's like wearing sweatpants.
Indeed. I tried on my untailored SM moleskins this morning to take the tailor, and haven't taken them off. Walking around the house in unfinished bottoms with a polo. LOL Might just be my WFH outfit for today. They're similar to wearing pajamas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics