• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrFingers

Reaction score
All spier today!
5B2BB553-89CC-420D-8242-47BF7C2C680D.jpeg
62DAD643-E089-4856-89D7-2C6185DC7DBB.jpeg
C03EA0EC-E1BC-4B35-8E6C-CB47CF23C4C8.jpeg
FCF0CD82-709D-4DFD-BB94-4653CCF26761.jpeg
B21D72B1-37D9-4763-8D1D-DEE53843D736.jpeg

If anyone was on the fence about getting this jacket, you totally should!

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take away the hand warmer pockets and this looks like a cropped polo coat, especially viewed from the back.
Is this a good thing? Quite a few of the peacoat I looked at had the flap pockets. Personally I prefer without but
the other navy peacoat with hand warmers only was sold out in my size. It also didn't have the vent with buttons or the back strap. More to my liking. Maybe next year.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks okay viewing it from the front, not sold on the pockets but it works. The back is more of a problem in my opinion. That is a back used for longer more formal coats. The way I see it is that it looks like a shortened long coat. Not a great look to be honest

Last edited:

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks okay I’m the front, not sold on the pockets but it work. The back is more of a problem in my opinion. That is a back used for longer more formal coats. The way I see it is that it looks like a shortened long coat. Not a great look to be honest
Appreciate the opinion.
I think it's an interesting look.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't recall the sizing discussion related to the overshirts. I wear a 40R Neo jacket and looks like a Small would be similar measurements but sizing down freaks me out. Any help would be nice.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All spier today! View attachment 1735813 View attachment 1735814 View attachment 1735815 View attachment 1735816 View attachment 1735817
If anyone was on the fence about getting this jacket, you totally should!
the available options for great looking tailoring have really come a long way since I first joined styleforum. if someone had shown me this photo in 2008 i'd have guessed the jacket were some expensive brand like attolini or another such impossible-to-attain-unless-at-a-thrift-shop brand. looks great.

MrFingers

Reaction score
the available options for great looking tailoring have really come a long way since I first joined styleforum. if someone had shown me this photo in 2008 i'd have guessed the jacket were some expensive brand like attolini or another such impossible-to-attain-unless-at-a-thrift-shop brand. looks great.

Thank you kindly, Mitchell. It indeed seems like I joined this madness at the perfect timing for upcoming brands and availabilities. A year ago I would've thought the clothes I wear are all only available bespoke but thankfully brands like SM exist and bring the ability to build extensive wardrobes at a fraction of the price of say, 10 years ago as you said.

Brennenman

Reaction score
I know this doesn’t wholly focus on Spier and Mackay but since this form has had quite a bit of discussion around the “decline of classic menswear” I’d thought I’d share. As many of you know I work in a local mom and pop suit store that has a few other stores across the state, I just got out of a meeting with my manager and the gentleman who orders product for our store and manages the warehouse. It was announced in that meeting that last year each store had made tripled what they have made on average for the last 15 years in 2021, despite me wearing tweed pants that look far too tight. I have heard from others who work at others stores like Allen Edmonds and brooks brothers say that they have also had record sale years. The point I’m trying to make is that classic menswear and suiting is not dying and quite frankly it looks like it’s actually making a comeback in the next few years, I know it’s early in the year but my store compared to this time last has made more money already and it looks like we are set for another record year IF we keep and the rate we are going. I just thought that was interesting and wanted to share with everyone

MrFingers

Reaction score
I know this doesn’t wholly focus on Spier and Mackay but since this form has had quite a bit of discussion around the “decline of classic menswear” I’d thought I’d share. As many of you know I work in a local mom and pop suit store that has a few other stores across the state, I just got out of a meeting with my manager and the gentleman who orders product for our store and manages the warehouse. It was announced in that meeting that last year each store had made tripled what they have made on average for the last 15 years in 2021, despite me wearing tweed pants that look far too tight. I have heard from others who work at others stores like Allen Edmonds and brooks brothers say that they have also had record sale years. The point I’m trying to make is that classic menswear and suiting is not dying and quite frankly it looks like it’s actually making a comeback in the next few years, I know it’s early in the year but my store compared to this time last has made more money already and it looks like we are set for another record year IF we keep and the rate we are going. I just thought that was interesting and wanted to share with everyone
tell them to start carrying S&M so we can try stuff on in the US ;) :crackup:

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this doesn’t wholly focus on Spier and Mackay but since this form has had quite a bit of discussion around the “decline of classic menswear” I’d thought I’d share. As many of you know I work in a local mom and pop suit store that has a few other stores across the state, I just got out of a meeting with my manager and the gentleman who orders product for our store and manages the warehouse. It was announced in that meeting that last year each store had made tripled what they have made on average for the last 15 years in 2021. I have heard from others who work at others stores like Allen Edmonds and brooks brothers say that they have also had record sale years. The point I’m trying to make is that classic menswear and suiting is not dying and quite frankly it looks like it’s actually making a comeback in the next few years, I know it’s early in the year but my store compared to this time last has made more money already and it looks like we are set for another record year IF we keep and the rate we are going. I just thought that was interesting and wanted to share with everyone
How much of this is because everyone postponed their weddings in 2020 and then had them in 2021 instead? I don't think we can say this is the result of a CM revival. Looking around, it's easy to see that hardly anyone is wearing tailored clothing day-to-day right now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads