• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Looking forward to breaking these out this winter!
IMG_20211130_143142.jpg

The dark brown is dark, in natural lighting I had to look real close to make sure they didn't send me two pairs of black.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Finally took last year's oatmeal peacoat out for a spin. Bought it last year, but didn't use it cause of weight gain. It fits now though.

My younger brother said "you are strong with the drip" and my wife loves it. Looks like SM hit that one outta the park.

SpierAndMackayFW2020_10400-611-619-PEACT-OatmealPeacoat_Edit-1-494x800.jpg
id like to see a fitpic. Been wanting to grab the navy peacoat for some time now but my weather doesn't seem to want to drop low enough for it and I was hoping to catch it on sale, going low in stock tho so many have to pull the trigger soon anyway :p

db123456

Reaction score
Is there anyone who's received one of the waxed jackets and can offer sizing advice? The size chart seems strange, with very large chest measurements -- e.g., a ~43-inch chest measurement for a jacket tagged XXS/34.

nsgmd

Reaction score
I was looking to try some of the SM dress shirts. I am a BB 16/33 Milano/Regent and wondering if I should go with 16/33 slim option at SM? Anyone have dress shirts from both SM and Brooks Brothers and can confirm sizing is similar? In some dress shirts my neck is 15.5 but I find that a bit too tight when buttoning to wear with a tie. Thanks.

MellonC

Reaction score
Is there anyone who's received one of the waxed jackets and can offer sizing advice? The size chart seems strange, with very large chest measurements -- e.g., a ~43-inch chest measurement for a jacket tagged XXS/34.

I'd like to know myself.

thedose

Reaction score
I agree it's weird not to have the anchor button, but you couldn't just have your tailor add the button when you get the sleeves shortened?

Would've also had to sew/stitch in a buttonhole for it to attach to, and the way that the chest flaps are structured doesn't really allow for that -- I thought about it, but it's one of those things where altering it would only make things weird

MellonC

Reaction score
I was looking to try some of the SM dress shirts. I am a BB 16/33 Milano/Regent and wondering if I should go with 16/33 slim option at SM? Anyone have dress shirts from both SM and Brooks Brothers and can confirm sizing is similar? In some dress shirts my neck is 15.5 but I find that a bit too tight when buttoning to wear with a tie. Thanks.

I can't tell you about the sleeve length but I do wear a 16 Milano at BB and 16 slim at SM. BB is just slightly boxier around the waist. Otherwise, they work fine.

check this resource: https://www.shirtdetective.com/brooks-brothers-review/

The_International

Reaction score
All heroes don't wear capes. Some wear chalk stripe suits. This is a beautiful suit. Wear in good health, sir.

Your pic convinced me to order this. Might just as well go full Al Capon though: DB configuration with besom pockets and traditional peak lapels.

I placed an order for the navy chalk stripe a few weeks ago. Can’t wait to see it in person!

ULCajun

Reaction score
IRL pic of the tan deerskin gloves. They are quite nice so will pick up other colors.
In other news… the long sleeve polo shrunk to the point of no return (cold wash/hang dry)

Attachments

• 4E5AFFA3-628D-4778-984C-C452127EBA17.jpeg
    4E5AFFA3-628D-4778-984C-C452127EBA17.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 699942B2-6882-479D-A465-08D1ACD0A5B1.jpeg
    699942B2-6882-479D-A465-08D1ACD0A5B1.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 113

jermyzy

Reaction score
Need some style advice here. I want to purchase a somewhat style true outerwear for the frigid temps of southern California - we do dip down to lower 40's when there is winter rain.

Can you give it some critique between these three items? One of them is SM waxed jacket, which, let's admit it, is much like the Barbour waxed cotton jackets - including the inner layer - an awesome bargain!

The other one is the cotton waxed jacket from Peter Millar. this is a more modern take on the whole waxed cotton thing.....

Finally the last one is also from Peter Millar which is quilted fabric jacket also water resistant but historically not very accurate if we are really sticking with the whole Barbour thing.......

View attachment 1711514

I like number 3, but I have a Suitsupply jacket that is similar

radfad20000`

Reaction score
Has anyone ever compared the di sondrio SM to the Drakes cotton suits. I was amazed to at the hefty nature of the drakes and am really hoping that SM has that thick and soft feel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads