• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't, but in summary, I have three wardrobes.

Main wardrobe is shared with wife and contains shirts and trousers. I store two trousers per hanger organised by colour and fabric weight. Shirts organised by colour and pattern.

Wardrobe two is sportcoats and knitwear, I store two sportcoats per hanger. Knitwear is spread across 3 shelves organised by neck type and weight.

Wardrobe 3 is suits and outerwear, with shoes stacked in boxes on the lower and upper shelves.

Out of season stuff is stored in the attic.

I could probably get it down to two wardrobes if I install a lower level rail in the main wardrobe.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't, but in summary, I have three wardrobes.

Main wardrobe is shared with wife and contains shirts and trousers. I store two trousers per hanger organised by colour and fabric weight. Shirts organised by colour and pattern.

Wardrobe two is sportcoats and knitwear, I store two sportcoats per hanger. Knitwear is spread across 3 shelves organised by neck type and weight.

Wardrobe 3 is suits and outerwear, with shoes stacked in boxes on the lower and upper shelves.

Out of season stuff is stored in the attic.

I could probably get it down to two wardrobes if I install a lower level rail in the main wardrobe.

Pictures Please, (2) SC Per Hanger, Really? I Could Double The Wardrobe!

thedose

Reaction score
Returned the khaki trench.

While it fit great in shoulders, sleeves needed very minor (if any) adjustment -- I just couldn't get past it NOT having that internal button (as ALL DB coats have it, why is this trench lacking it?), the massive collar for my size, and the weird ass pocket flaps.

Hoping they fix those things for trench2.0 (if they continue to make them) will stay tuned.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Any pics of this years high rise cords in beige/cream, olive or forest green? Would greatly appreciate it!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone pull the trigger on the heather brown Minnis yet? The color to me is really drawing me in. Also in my opinion it looks like one can split it up and use the trousers with a sport coat.
I thought about this in lengths before I decided to abstain. My reasoning was this:

Generally, I try to avoid fabrics that can be used across seasons since it's neither this nor that. This is a 3 season hopsack weave at around 300g. It's not perfect for either season, just OK-ish for either. The only 3 season suits that are worth having, if you must, are the basics imo, which are gray and navy based on usability. Brown, while beautiful, is not essential that'll be included in a heavy rotation.

Secondly i think a brown chocolate flannel looks better. Much like the one Spier offered last season. Spier will offer a brown chocolate flannel next season from Botto. It'll be a woolen in a loftier and closer to a traditional English flannel compared to last season's VBC offer.

Thirdly, while the suit could be broken up and used as separates, the jacket features details characteristic for suits, such as besom hip pockets and edge stitching in combination with dark buttons. I'm sure it'd work, but again, it wouldn't be ideal for the purpose.

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any pics of this years high rise cords in beige/cream, olive or forest green? Would greatly appreciate it!
Don’t have the forest green (yet), but am enjoying the other two
A22ED467-A78E-40EA-BCBF-C50BF27B609F.jpeg F0A80A0E-7777-4EC5-9270-FD6FF09240CE.jpeg

blewnote1

Reaction score
Returned the khaki trench.

While it fit great in shoulders, sleeves needed very minor (if any) adjustment -- I just couldn't get past it NOT having that internal button (as ALL DB coats have it, why is this trench lacking it?), the massive collar for my size, and the weird ass pocket flaps.

Hoping they fix those things for trench2.0 (if they continue to make them) will stay tuned.

I agree it's weird not to have the anchor button, but you couldn't just have your tailor add the button when you get the sleeves shortened?

MellonC

Reaction score
I agree it's weird not to have the anchor button, but you couldn't just have your tailor add the button when you get the sleeves shortened?

I thought the collars were way too large also. Also the buttons were placed far too wide apart from each other.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally took last year's oatmeal peacoat out for a spin. Bought it last year, but didn't use it cause of weight gain. It fits now though.

My younger brother said "you are strong with the drip" and my wife loves it. Looks like SM hit that one outta the park.

SpierAndMackayFW2020_10400-611-619-PEACT-OatmealPeacoat_Edit-1-494x800.jpg

ULCajun

Reaction score
Finally took last year's oatmeal peacoat out for a spin. Bought it last year, but didn't use it cause of weight gain. It fits now though.

My younger brother said "you are strong with the drip" and my wife loves it. Looks like SM hit that one outta the park.

SpierAndMackayFW2020_10400-611-619-PEACT-OatmealPeacoat_Edit-1-494x800.jpg
This oatmeal is way nicer than the current one. I put on mine for a test this weekend. It’s a tad bit wide but I think going down a size would have been too snug. Did you take your SC size? The shoulders seem to have enough support in that they don’t dip down at the edges.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This oatmeal is way nicer than the current one. I put on mine for a test this weekend. It’s a tad bit wide but I think going down a size would have been too snug. Did you take your SC size? The shoulders seem to have enough support in that they don’t dip down at the edges.

I do my SC size, but I don't wear sport coats with the peacoat. Sport coats and suits fit better in the regular overcoats (again, in the same size).

And yes, I find that last year's oatmeal peacoat looks nicer than this year's. The Donegal texture is beautiful.

I considered picking up the Zanieri Navy and Brown plaid one this year, but my wife worried it wouldn't be versatile enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads