• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer to have flaps and tuck them in. I see no visual difference and it is nice to be able to chose if you want the flaps out or in.
I hear you. I’ve experimented with tucking in the flap pockets to get the jetted pocket look; unfortunately, I can still see the outline of the flap pocket when I do so. I only like jetted pockets on suits, though. On sportcoats I typically go for patch pockets.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dig. Waiting for this navy MTO to get to me before I pull the trigger on any more suits. Trying to buy 1 or 2 suits a quarter from SM. That is, unless, they drop some fire fire that interrupts my plan.
Sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to see what you add next.

SilverSuit92

Reaction score
Can anyone let me know how to do a trouser swap when ordering a suit with Spier & Mackay? I would like to get the jacket in size 40 slim and the trousers in size 34 contemporary. Or do I order the jacket first and just leave it in the order notes? Any help is greatly appreciated!

MrFingers

Reaction score
Can anyone let me know how to do a trouser swap when ordering a suit with Spier & Mackay? I would like to get the jacket in size 40 slim and the trousers in size 34 contemporary. Or do I order the jacket first and just leave it in the order notes? Any help is greatly appreciated!
You put it in the comments but it needs to be available or they’ll send you the standard drop

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Field Jacket is slowly becoming my favourite piece of outer wear

Attachments

• 700FAB97-13BD-4982-9460-117DD6DB841D.jpeg
    700FAB97-13BD-4982-9460-117DD6DB841D.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 161

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe someone asked if thr long sleeve polos will shrink. Yes it will.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you wash it?

Cold wash. Put it in the dryer for about 3 minutes to get rid of the fluff according to the wife and hang dry. It's possible that they made it longer in the body on purpose knowing it will shrink . Not a bad thing though. I like how it is now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads