• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Holidays.
Very happy to have picked up a Moss Green Fox Air suit for this sale.
Generally, I'm picking up new drops in my size for full price before they sell out.
Getting something on sale or discovering a re-stock has been great - but my closet can only handle so much!
Would love to see more Fox Air suits (ideally with jetted pockets) in more sober colors, or maybe the patterned options on offer.
Fox Air suits are fantastic. Recommend getting the tobacco suit if your size is still available, complete steal at the discounted price IMO. Apologies if I’m being an enabler.
Isn't enabling why we're here?
My S&M items I've worn the most are the ones I've bought at full price.

I'm sure there's a correlation between me actually reaaally wanting to wear something, vs. FOMO influenced and shiny sale items.
I agree on the mindset typically, though, I will say, the Navy Mohair Minnis and Grey Fresco (SS19 maybe?) were ******* fantastic sale swipes...a nice complement to the grey and navy ones I bought at full price.

Rafsan

Reaction score
Would love to see more Fox Air suits (ideally with jetted pockets) in more sober colors, or maybe the patterned options on offer.

Fair point.
I’m with you on the Fox Air offerings…I’d love to see some sober colors as well as some patterns (like a nice subtle glen check) come to MTO level pricing without having to specifically have the cloth sourced.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree on the mindset typically, though, I will say, the Navy Mohair Minnis and Grey Fresco (SS19 maybe?) were ******* fantastic sale swipes...a nice complement to the grey and navy ones I bought at full price.
Oh I'm not going to pretend like I haven't enjoyed my sale purchases, I don't regret mine.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Holidays.
Very happy to have picked up a Moss Green Fox Air suit for this sale.
Generally, I'm picking up new drops in my size for full price before they sell out.
Getting something on sale or discovering a re-stock has been great - but my closet can only handle so much!
Ima pick up the Fox Air Green also. Put it away for next summer

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
picked up the dark brown herringbone field jacket in small and medium dark brown merino crew neck. Hopefully the field jacket fits and fits into my wardrobe. I always wanted a herringbone patterned garment in my closet :)

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys who bought and received gloves, did you get your normal glove size? Do they run small or large?

I need gloves, I just don’t need to mess around with a return of a $40 item.

MrFingers

Reaction score
2C865CEB-EC6C-44D3-9ACC-4D5DE0B0A411.jpeg
Here’s some pics of the fawn cavalry trousers. They feel as heavy as denim but coarser and not as comfy obv. The drape is pretty good but it does feel like wearing cardboard box. Also got the olive ones which to me look more like army green. Love them. Also featuring the western shirt which is quickly becoming a show stopper
31F1D9F0-DC2D-4C83-BB13-09156AE84A98.jpeg
1F00D150-42F0-4677-BE71-A498D2F7569D.jpeg
A1C632E8-0D86-4EC1-9233-1622E91F618A.jpeg
FAEF6DCF-C9AB-443C-A77C-90C30200BD0B.jpeg

Reaction score
Can anyone give a guess as to how warm the gloves might be? I'm wary that they'll be of little warmth/use in a Minnesota winter...

Kancmg

Reaction score
Hi guys,
please I would need your help with sizing.
I am a young man, between 5’11’’ and 6’ tall, around 170 lbs, moderately athletic build.
I want to buy a contemporary fit suit. English cut. I cannot return it so I need to be accurate with my choice.
Could you please guide me according to your experience? I think I am between a 36 and a 38 according to my research.
The desired fit is a modern one. Not too loose but not too tight.
Thanks.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a young man, between 5’11’’ and 6’ tall, around 170 lbs, moderately athletic build.
I want to buy a contemporary fit suit. English cut. I cannot return it so I need to be accurate with my choice.
Could you please guide me according to your experience? I think I am between a 36 and a 38 according to my research.
Thanks.
do you already have a suit or a sportcoat that fits you well? If so, measure it and compare to the posted measurements on the website. I am guessing you are not a size 36. I am 5’10, 145 lb and I wear 36 contemporary. You are likely at least a 38–depending on your proportions you might be between a R and L length.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thanks.

Well, I'm 5'11 180lbs) S$M, 42R 36 Contp, Unless You're Bottom Heavy I Would Not Do 38 Contp, Possibly 38 Slim, Sorry, But Either You're 5'11 Or 6' You Can't Be Both, If You're 6' Go Long! :fonz:

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of flannel single pleat pants that I wish were a little wider at the bottom. I remember someone saying that they had a tailor widen the leg a bit. Is this worth it and is it expensive to do? Mine already are cuffed so I don’t know if it would be worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics