• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the sweaters are shipping? It appears that most of them arrived over the week-end but even those which had "expected shipping dates" for the 22 haven't shipped yet. I understand they might be dealing with a lot of orders, which is why I ask. Perhaps some of you have received shipping confirmations.

I ordered one of the knit polos. It had an expected ship date if 10/27 but I got the notification yesterday that it was shipped

Huxley

Reaction score
MTO guabello grsy birdseye; my favourite suit. Accompanied by my moonwatch for speedy Tuesday.
CA0B3401-AB23-4DEE-980B-7737D895E07F.jpeg 393BB1A5-9B1B-41E2-8DA1-BA21662C3EAE.jpeg

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Gloverall (without the zipper, just a single snap under the toggles). I can’t speak to the Spier one, but I love the style of jacket. It works well with everything from jeans and a sweater to a sportcoat/dress pants. It’s kind of like wearing a big heavy blanket

I had one from the first go around. I also like the style as it's rugged enough to wear with jeans but dressy enough to wear with dress pants.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny. Lattice-knit sweaters had expected ship date of 10/22; order is still “processing” for me.
The lattice knit I ordered changed to shipped yesterday, but the Mongolian Cashmere cable knit that I ordered prior to that is still stuck in "processing".

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
any sizing advice for the field jacket? Very interested in the navy and brown herringbone. I wear a size 38 short Contemporary and size Medium in their wool crewneck sweaters. Should I get a small or medium? ?

conak

Reaction score
V necks are back in stock. I ordered mine so I feel comfortable telling everyone else ;)

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any sizing advice for the field jacket? Very interested in the navy and brown herringbone. I wear a size 38 short Contemporary and size Medium in their wool crewneck sweaters. Should I get a small or medium? ?
I take a 36R and had to exchange for a Small. I feel like a Medium would be good for you, but may be long in body and arms if you take a Short. I’d reach out to S&M, or Rick on IG

Hudson

Reaction score

I'm 5'10, 165 lbs, and wear 40R contemporary and honestly I found the medium quite big, especially in the shoulders. I'd say go for the small, unless you plan to wear tailoring underneath.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
On the subject of field jackets, how do you guys wear them? I love how the fabrics look, especially the tweeds, but I'm having trouble figuring out where these jackets would fit into my wardrobe. If it's cold I'd rather wear a nice overcoat. But the fabric seems too heavy to wear in warmer weather, and I already have jackets for those in-between days.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reversible shirts? Two shorts for the price of one;) (kidding)
Saw this. Interesting that they have a C16 Full Italian Spread Collar. Does anyone have any IRL pics of this collar style? Wanting to see how it compares to the C13 Italian Spread usually offered on rtw.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
On the subject of field jackets, how do you guys wear them? I love how the fabrics look, especially the tweeds, but I'm having trouble figuring out where these jackets would fit into my wardrobe. If it's cold I'd rather wear a nice overcoat. But the fabric seems too heavy to wear in warmer weather, and I already have jackets for those in-between days.
I have the moleskin field jacket. It slots in as another mid-weight jacket. I also have a suede overshirt, which is more of a lightweight jacket, and obviously isn't intended for rainy weather. I have a corduroy bomber that doesn't cover my butt. I have a quilted nylon jacket that just has a whole different look. So I'm wearing my S&M field jacket today, when it's low 50's and too rainy for my suede jacket. I could easily wear one of my other jackets, but I just thought this one looked cool and really liked the color. The moleskin version is certainly heavy enough to handle sub-freezing temps with a sweater on underneath, but yeah, it's not going to be as warm as an overcoat. Like roughly 95% of my clothing purchases, this isn't something that can be justified based on "need" if you've already got mid-weight outerwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics