• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Just saw on IG that the leather jackets are delayed, and might even be cancelled. That's disappointing, but they were apparently flight jackets. I guess I'm not that disappointed then (assuming that means they had elastic bands at the waist and sleeves, which I hate).

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw on IG that the leather jackets are delayed, and might even be cancelled. That's disappointing, but they were apparently flight jackets. I guess I'm not that disappointed then (assuming that means they had elastic bands at the waist and sleeves, which I hate).
That's not how I read Rick's answer. Leather jackets will be delayed, but the flight jackets might be canceled. Meaning there are more than one type of leather jacket planned.
Screenshot_20211023_221206.jpg

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been meaning to make an account and contribute for some time, particularly as my formal wardrobe is exclusively S&M. I will post some of my attire in due course.

Before doing so, I was hoping to solicit some thoughts from the forum.

I require a new overcoat in anticipation of the impending cold weather. I live in the GTA, fyi.

I have adored the gray herringbone polo for some time. After having seen one in photo posted here last year I told myself I would purchase one the following season. However, I find myself torn between this and the charcoal single breasted overcoat, which is arguably equally compelling.

I understand the polo is quite heavy, and thus more suitable for colder days. Can anyone comment of the warmth of the single breasted?

I understand the choice is highly subjective but am open to perhaps being swayed in either direction, or to at least hear your thoughts in comparing the two models.

… I suppose I can resolve the dilemma by purchasing both models. I do like win-wins.

Thanks in advance guys.

I've tried the some of the older Zanieri coats in store, and I have the single breasted charcoal coat (and I also live in the GTA.) You'll definitely get more warmth out of the Zanieri coat. I find that if I'm layering a dress shirt + suit/sportscoat jacket + overcoat, I really don't need that extra warmth so I stuck with the charcoal coat. I probably wouldn't wear just a t-shirt and the charcoal coat mid-winter in the GTA but I would feel fine wearing just a shirt and the Zanieri coat.

Are the new jeans worth it? I've only purchased dress pants from here before.

I just dropped mine off for hemming, however initial impressions were good. Fit well and felt soft to the touch. Whether it's worth it or not depends on your expectations for jeans. Being a guy who used to wear $20 bluenotes jeans all the time, I see an improvement in quality which justifies the price. I'm not someone who is very into denim though so my knowledge is limited.

RexBanner

Reaction score
Thanks for the jeans feedback. I'll skip them for now. The 10% sign up discount isn't working and I'm looking to place a pretty big order. Is there a styleforums discount code or something we can apply?

Luciano123

Reaction score
Thanks for the jeans feedback. I'll skip them for now. The 10% sign up discount isn't working and I'm looking to place a pretty big order. Is there a styleforums discount code or something we can apply?

c.bisesar

Reaction score

I've PMd you my referral code which should get you 20% off your first order.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally figured out the gift card system just in time to snag the second to the last chunky black cardigan in my size.

happy-3.jpg

Imperatores

Reaction score
That's not how I read Rick's answer. Leather jackets will be delayed, but the flight jackets might be canceled. Meaning there are more than one type of leather jacket planned. View attachment 1690910

Hm, you're probably right. I guess I've been under the impression that only one type of leather jacket was coming, and didn't really consider the wording there. Silly on my part. But now that you mention it, wasn't the leather jacket Rick mentioned in this thread some sort of trucker? In that case, I wonder what potential other styles, if any, he has coming. Maybe there's still hope for a suede field/safari style jacket. That sample image he posted way back still lives rent free in my head.

Shoeaffic

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been meaning to make an account and contribute for some time, particularly as my formal wardrobe is exclusively S&M. I will post some of my attire in due course.

Before doing so, I was hoping to solicit some thoughts from the forum.

I require a new overcoat in anticipation of the impending cold weather. I live in the GTA, fyi.

I have adored the gray herringbone polo for some time. After having seen one in photo posted here last year I told myself I would purchase one the following season. However, I find myself torn between this and the charcoal single breasted overcoat, which is arguably equally compelling.

I understand the polo is quite heavy, and thus more suitable for colder days. Can anyone comment of the warmth of the single breasted?

I understand the choice is highly subjective but am open to perhaps being swayed in either direction, or to at least hear your thoughts in comparing the two models.

… I suppose I can resolve the dilemma by purchasing both models. I do like win-wins.

Thanks in advance guys.

I haven't tried the charcoal single breasted since I own one from somewhere else, but I just received the grey herringbone polo coat about a week ago and can only say WOW, just WOW. It is definitely a show-stopper, so act accordingly. If you want to call attention by having the top/overcoat (depending on whether you order your size or go up) with the most swagger in the neighborhood, then by all means go for the polo coat. It is thick, the pattern is super oversized, and the construction is spectacular. I went with my size and it fits trim, extremely flattering, but I can also fit a SC underneath. The gusset in the back really helps with mobility, but the half-belt/martingala is definitely just for show and a purely stylistic element, which I love. The charcoal single breasted is, however, more conservative and probably more versatile/discrete. I am thrilled by my purchase, but I live in the village in nyc, a block away from soho, and it pleases to know that not too many people will be sporting it in this already highly stylish (but extremely casual) community.

On a separate note, I wanted to sincerely thank Devis4u, Bacharini, ptfly and 1stStep for your help and guidance when I needed it! Seriously, this thread is a great resource in these times of online purchases and your willingness to chime in is extremely valuable to those of us who do not have experience and who are in need of guidance!

Devis4u

Reaction score
I haven't tried the charcoal single breasted since I own one from somewhere else, but I just received the grey herringbone polo coat about a week ago and can only say WOW, just WOW. It is definitely a show-stopper, so act accordingly. If you want to call attention by having the top/overcoat (depending on whether you order your size or go up) with the most swagger in the neighborhood, then by all means go for the polo coat. It is thick, the pattern is super oversized, and the construction is spectacular. I went with my size and it fits trim, extremely flattering, but I can also fit a SC underneath. The gusset in the back really helps with mobility, but the half-belt/martingala is definitely just for show and a purely stylistic element, which I love. The charcoal single breasted is, however, more conservative and probably more versatile/discrete. I am thrilled by my purchase, but I live in the village in nyc, a block away from soho, and it pleases to know that not too many people will be sporting it in this already highly stylish (but extremely casual) community.

On a separate note, I wanted to sincerely thank Devis4u, Bacharini, ptfly and 1stStep for your help and guidance when I needed it! Seriously, this thread is a great resource in these times of online purchases and your willingness to chime in is extremely valuable to those of us who do not have experience and who are in need of guidance!
Glad you love yours as much as I do, and if you're in New York you'll certainly have more opportunities to flaunt it! I've also learned a lot from SF, I think everybody is happy to offer what experience they have, including my small amount. Enjoy!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, you're probably right. I guess I've been under the impression that only one type of leather jacket was coming, and didn't really consider the wording there. Silly on my part. But now that you mention it, wasn't the leather jacket Rick mentioned in this thread some sort of trucker? In that case, I wonder what potential other styles, if any, he has coming. Maybe there's still hope for a suede field/safari style jacket. That sample image he posted way back still lives rent free in my head.
The two suede jackets planned I believe were the flight A1 style jacket and a suede trucker jacket. Guessing the trucker is the remaining one coming.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A1 and trucker from what I understand. Whisky and brown for the latter unless I've missed something.

We haven't been treated with anything new in terms of images since those sample pics of front and back.

Imperatores

Reaction score
The two suede jackets planned I believe were the flight A1 style jacket and a suede trucker jacket. Guessing the trucker is the remaining one coming.

A1 and trucker from what I understand. Whisky and brown for the latter unless I've missed something.

We haven't been treated with anything new in terms of images since those sample pics of front and back.

I know there are some tweed A1's coming, but I must have missed that a suede version was also planned. Makes a lot more sense to cancel the suede A1 then, depending on the cause of the delay/cancellation. You're referring to the sample images of the suede field jacket, right? There haven't been any pics of the trucker or A1?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know there are some tweed A1's coming, but I must have missed that a suede version was also planned. Makes a lot more sense to cancel the suede A1 then, depending on the cause of the delay/cancellation. You're referring to the sample images of the suede field jacket, right? There haven't been any pics of the trucker or A1?
Yes, exactly. Rick referred to it as a safari. I think he mentioned that a trucker was planned down the line. Not sure when though.
1422903-ae496bd7d71addf39d361c4c2ba79e97.jpg
1423003-6d584957b1480e7b44ec88ad2b941c74.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads