• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Nice, the chart appears to have changed now. That's good news. They really need to start double checking to make sure the size charts are correct before putting products up for sale, though. I have purchased multiple items in the past that ended up fitting nothing like I expected due to incorrect charts as well.
I haven’t been able to keep up with the discussion, but are people planning to order their normal size in the new cotton crewnecks?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The grey stripe BD with the oatmeal jacket is terrific! I am so stealing that pairing!

Killing it as always Mr. Step! dang that burnt orange vest looks terrific with the green tie.
Have to add that vest to my already ridiculously long list for FW!
I didn't realize they have chunky wool cardigans now! Does anyone have one from last year? Is it truly chunky? What is the sizing like? In the past with SM stuff, the arm length has been a bit short. What size cardi should I get for 6'2 and slim? Lastly, does any one have any pics of the cardigans?
Last year many guys sized down, as they ran a bit long if I recall. I am also 6'2", 44L, will probably take my normal size, XL, as I like a looser fit, but I think a size L would work fine for a closer fit.

The Q I have about the chunky cardigans is, where do you wear them outside the house? Do you wear them out for dinner or to the bar? Wouldn't really work for me at the office
I haven’t been able to keep up with the discussion, but are people planning to order their normal size in the new cotton crewnecks?
Yes, but per Rick, expect it to feel a bit closer fitting than the same size merino crewneck, because the cotton doesn't stretch as much

Last edited:

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
That olive cotton crewneck, at 58US, is the deal of the season. That sweater with denim and boots...

Do you have any pics of this in the wild? I like the texture of it. I avoided cotton sweaters for years but I'm slowly coming around on them.

db123456

Reaction score
Does anyone recall seeing info on how heavy- or light-weight the new cotton knitwear is? Any clue if they’re really meant for winter?

I’m sort of hoping that it was meant for S/S but was delayed. A lighter weight cotton sweater seems more useful.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any trick to using a gift card? I received one due to some shipping mishaps, but the website says "invalid coupon code" when I try to redeem it.

@spiermackay @SpierTeam

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on the new trench coat with Spier turtleneck and Moon tweed guncheck sport coat underneath. Excuse the unboxing wrinkles.

The armholes could be a tad wider for a smoother pull through but after a slight adjustment it’s fine. A corduroy sport coat was more difficult. Smoother and thinner fabrics should be a breeze.

So far, happy with the fit. Fabric is hefty. Even hanging it up felt like a bicep curl lol.

I wear 40R contemporary jackets and took the same 40 for this coat.
D810472B-A479-4D3D-8311-D1C92BBF7822.jpeg 4E28B884-2104-428E-8A47-37A3FA4E2E23.jpeg 7592A42E-1A68-4A32-924F-A08159B01492.jpeg CE298624-6DB9-4597-9140-82ABCAFBB753.jpeg

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Tried on the new trench coat with Spier turtleneck and Moon tweed guncheck sport coat underneath. Excuse the unboxing wrinkles.

The armholes could be a tad wider for a smoother pull through but after a slight adjustment it’s fine. A corduroy sport coat was more difficult. Smoother and thinner fabrics should be a breeze.

So far, happy with the fit. Fabric is hefty. Even hanging it up felt like a bicep curl lol.

I wear 40R contemporary jackets and took the same 40 for this coat.
View attachment 1690812 View attachment 1690813 View attachment 1690814 View attachment 1690815
1635008517453.png

Great coat BTW.

Jlee80

Reaction score
What’s your guys opinions on alterations regarding tapering/slimming down suit sleeves. Have 3 S&M suits, all same model, same size but the sleeves on all the jackets range from a little big to huge. Have you had good luck with this alteration or is it better to just return and look at options such as MTO?

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Help needed on purchasing a neo cut sportcoat in contemporary vs slim fit.

When I purchased a couple S&M two button sportcoats two or three years ago I was somewhat inbetween a contemporary and slim fit.

But is the Neo made in such a way that makes it inherently bigger or smaller than the 2 button models?

Should I order a Neo in slim or contemporary?

thanks for your help and advice!

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
What’s your guys opinions on alterations regarding tapering/slimming down suit sleeves. Have 3 S&M suits, all same model, same size but the sleeves on all the jackets range from a little big to huge. Have you had good luck with this alteration or is it better to just return and look at options such as MTO?
It depends how good your tailor is. I’ve had it done before. Liked the results.

Huxley

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been meaning to make an account and contribute for some time, particularly as my formal wardrobe is exclusively S&M. I will post some of my attire in due course.

Before doing so, I was hoping to solicit some thoughts from the forum.

I require a new overcoat in anticipation of the impending cold weather. I live in the GTA, fyi.

I have adored the gray herringbone polo for some time. After having seen one in photo posted here last year I told myself I would purchase one the following season. However, I find myself torn between this and the charcoal single breasted overcoat, which is arguably equally compelling.

I understand the polo is quite heavy, and thus more suitable for colder days. Can anyone comment of the warmth of the single breasted?

I understand the choice is highly subjective but am open to perhaps being swayed in either direction, or to at least hear your thoughts in comparing the two models.

… I suppose I can resolve the dilemma by purchasing both models. I do like win-wins.

Thanks in advance guys.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of this in the wild? I like the texture of it. I avoided cotton sweaters for years but I'm slowly coming around on them.
Not yet. They just dropped. But I’ve had cotton crew sweaters in the past. Casual, great w jeans and boots. For the $ these SM cotton sweaters should be great

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads