• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hamish5178

Reaction score
replaced the buttons on last year’s cardigans, a big improvement to my eyes:
45ABEC19-4E3D-4356-A316-008716959639.jpeg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
replaced the buttons on last year’s cardigans, a big improvement to my eyes:
View attachment 1687160
Agreed on leather buttons. I like the faux horn buttons, but those look more appropriate.
Huh kinda odd since a lot of people come here for information before their first purchase but probably some sort of reason.
Reason is the forum, as a business, doesn't profit off of it.

Imperatores

Reaction score
They were originally going to come with leather buttons, but I believe Rick took recommendations from here and went with the faux horn

I only vaguely remember that discussion, but I don't think many of us would've preferred such obviously fake horn buttons. Some real horn buttons in dark brown with a nice matte finish would be my first choice. Way nicer than the super plasticky ones they're using now, and a bit more contemporary looking than leather. As much as I love horn buttons, the leather buttons @hamish5178 used looks much better than the faux horn. If they're going to continue using large faux horn buttons (they're using them for some of the outerwear pieces as well), they should really try to find some nicer ones. The current ones are particularly bad, imo.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Magee fabrics in MTO outerwear? Worth the upcharge? It's almost double the price of the RTW Zanieris.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only vaguely remember that discussion, but I don't think many of us would've preferred such obviously fake horn buttons. Some real horn buttons in dark brown with a nice matte finish would be my first choice. Way nicer than the super plasticky ones they're using now, and a bit more contemporary looking than leather. As much as I love horn buttons, the leather buttons @hamish5178 used looks much better than the faux horn. If they're going to continue using large faux horn buttons (they're using them for some of the outerwear pieces as well), they should really try to find some nicer ones. The current ones are particularly bad, imo.
I wish on the more expensive pieces they used real horn. Like on a pair of chinos, yea ok I'm fine with the faux horn. Though, if I am already spending $300 on a cardigan or something, I'll pay the extra $10 for real horn buttons.

Barodon86

Reaction score
I can share a picture of the new burgundy corduroy overshirt, and the blue tweed overshirt. Both these are mediums, and I'm 5'10" and 163 lbs (I wear a 38 contemp. or 40 slim jacket).

I really like the colours and the thick, soft fabric. There's a lot of room in the chest and waist for me, but I like the length and the shoulder, so I'm not sure a size small would be better. Maybe I'll get it tailored to slim the body a bit, if it feels boxy.
20211015_213034.jpg

20211015_213000.jpg

20211015_212859.jpg

20211015_212835.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads