• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With Rick acknowledging that he's primarily targetting the SF/enthusiast group for the time being, it's left me wondering if we may see a pair or two of double pleated trousers? Don't own a single pair, but something like the stone coverts with double pleats would make a great first pair.

Without reading you previous post, I started panicking thinking you were comparing the two pairs on the right as both being light gray but from different suppliers. Thought I'd be so disappointed in the BG because the one on the left is exactly what I want. Crisis averted. Just waiting for them to be hemmed and shipped! Thanks for the pics!
Forward pleated too, would be nice.

Reverse pleats gather fabric towards the hip, which is what S&M usually releases.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks lost and confused. The zenith of bland business casual.

I'd much rather look like this than wear that, and no irony here.
kapital_katsuragi_ring_coat_1.jpg
Where Can I Get One!

Last edited:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With Rick acknowledging that he's primarily targetting the SF/enthusiast group for the time being, it's left me wondering if we may see a pair or two of double pleated trousers? Don't own a single pair, but something like the stone coverts with double pleats would make a great first pair.

Without reading you previous post, I started panicking thinking you were comparing the two pairs on the right as both being light gray but from different suppliers. Thought I'd be so disappointed in the BG because the one on the left is exactly what I want. Crisis averted. Just waiting for them to be hemmed and shipped! Thanks for the pics!
My pleasure, sir!

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are These A Match For The A. Moon Jacket, And If So We Got A Suit!

1634255614621.png

That's A Great Price!

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too prefer forward pleats, but reverse pleats are better than no pleats. I've gone single forward on my MTO but have never tried double.
Do you have any pics of the single forward of your MTO? How'd it turn out for you? What are your thoughts on it?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learning something new everyday. Initial thoughts: Interesting fabric, holy hell why would a designer pick that color? Is it just bad lighting? It looks like a worn out rug, or a sweater that's pilled beyond all repair. I maybe see it in a darker color where the texture gives it some depth but that coat looks like someone stole it off a bum on the street.

Upon more googling, definitely a cool idea, but still dislike that color. Navy, green, red, even oatmeal all look pretty cool. But I don't have the money to drop on a 2nd let alone 3rd or 4th overcoat even if I lived in a place that allowed me to wear one so I'm probably not that target audience of this question.

Fred Castleberry had an interview with Covateur a while back where he wore a DB casentino (I think his own make). In a slightly lighter shade than the original pic, I think it looks good:
5EC77913-6402-4E29-A91D-E328C93552FA.jpeg
C73C1CB0-A751-48E4-9C04-770DC8CEDDAC.jpeg

opinions on the whole outfit nonwithstanding. That said, I have the red version of that tracksuit, and during WFH it was amazing, and it was great during the February freeze with the S&M tweed polo coat.

Rafsan

Reaction score
Thanks, I Was Just Headed To Closet To Check! :fistbump:

Edit; I Believe @DonRaphael Wore His Yesterday! It Is Sweet...
Double check then. The jacket I have (with the matching code, does not say Shetland, has sewn patch that denotes “merino lambs wool”

edit: Don notes that his was a Shetland, is why I make this point,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads