• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of my Moon field jacket today. I want to caution those of you who bought one or are considering buying based on the fit of previous season's field jackets (like I did). The fit is completely different on this new one, and nothing like the measurement chart on their site. Shoulders are a a solid 2 cm narrower, the chest a whopping 4 cm smaller and the sleeves (forearms in particular) are comically skinny when compared to the same size from the last FW season. I'm not sure if I want to exchange for a size up or if the fit is now so different that it just doesn't work for me at all anymore.

These massive variations in measurements between fabrics/seasons of the same product is starting to kill my excitement for the brand. Returns and exchanges are a huge pain (and cost) when ordering internationally, and it always feels like a crapshoot whether something will fit or not.

Wishful thinking that maybe it was just a one off. Rick must be slammed with work as he's usually active in the thread. Hopefully he chimes in sooner rather than later

@spiermackay @SpierTeam

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sheesh, I was looking at the new turtlenecks last night and decided on the Burgundy.
All sizes were available. Went to order about an hour ago and all thats left is XXL.

Oh well...

Imperatores

Reaction score
Sheesh, I was looking at the new turtlenecks last night and decided on the Burgundy.
All sizes were available. Went to order about an hour ago and all thats left is XXL.

Oh well...

Seems like a lot of knitwear will be restocked in October.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of my Moon field jacket today. I want to caution those of you who bought one or are considering buying based on the fit of previous season's field jackets (like I did). The fit is completely different on this new one, and nothing like the measurement chart on their site. Shoulders are a a solid 2 cm narrower, the chest a whopping 4 cm smaller and the sleeves (forearms in particular) are comically skinny when compared to the same size from the last FW season. I'm not sure if I want to exchange for a size up or if the fit is now so different that it just doesn't work for me at all anymore.

These massive variations in measurements between fabrics/seasons of the same product is starting to kill my excitement for the brand. Returns and exchanges are a huge pain (and cost) when ordering internationally, and it always feels like a crapshoot whether something will fit or not.
Damn, this disappoints me. I did find the previous one roomy for me, but it being a field jacket the extra room worked well for me. Are the cuffs smaller as well, as if so my watch may not be able to fit under if I do get one

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally a chance to break out the fall/winter wardrobe, doing so with a classic sportcoat from 3 years ago and mid grey Botto Giuseppe flannels. I note that this year's mid grey are quite a different shade to these.

DSC04607.jpg
DSC04664.jpg
DSC04615.jpg

SteveMc

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I was on the fence between the small and the medium, I guess I should go with the medium then.

db123456

Reaction score
These suits are pretty close to what I was looking to get this season, but (a) would prefer some stretch (I know that's not a popular opinion on StyFo); and (b) am skeptical of the weight. 410 gsm is pretty close to overcoat weight, right? At least the tweeds SCs I have in that weight all feel more like outerwear to me. Does it work differently for cotton than wool?

Your question on whether the fabric weights for cotton and wool can be compared directly is interesting, but unfortunately I don't know.

I do have a pair of winter trousers in a 500 gsm cotton twill (from another maker), and I can tell you that they do feel legitimately heavy -- and warm -- but nothing crazy. Given that experience, don't think a 410 gsm cotton would be an issue if you're looking for a fairly robust F/W option. Plus even if you assume that cotton and wool are comparable, 410 gsm is only ~20 percent heavier than the standard-issue VBC flannels -- and those are probably on the lighter end for (woolen) flannels. Finally, if you take a look at a few of the overcoats that were recently added they're generally a good bit heavier -- ~580-640 gsm.

Anyway, I was hoping to put my money where my mouth is and place a custom trousers order with this fabric, but literally just heard back that the fabric isn't available for custom orders.

ShibuiC

Reaction score
Polo coats and high rise flannels are available to pre-order! Grabbed the light gray, but the camel and fatigue green look great as well.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you generally finding S&M coat sizing? Should one size up from a sportcoat size, or stick with the same?
I stick with the same size while wearing suits/SCs under, which creates a trim silhouette. Not restricting, but trim. I know some people size up, but I haven't found it necessary.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads