• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He can't sell what he doesn't have. With the logistical situation at sea, there's no ETA and no guarantee of delivery.

I had a package shipped from the U.S. to Europe. It took 117 days to arrive. For 89 of those days, I was unable to get any tracking info whatsoever. No one knew where my package was until it arrived at my front door.

Another package that was supposed to be delivered from the Netherlands to Sweden took 4 months before I received a notification that my package was lost.

Yes, And The LA. Ca Port Is Backed Up As Well (40-50) Ships Just Sitting In The Water! :eek:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if last seasons Botto Navy Flannel is the same as this year's Navy Flannel trousers? if so I can just spring for the full canvas sportcoat...
not if this years are double pleats, as reported on the prior page (last years are single pleats)

SteveMc

Reaction score
He can't sell what he doesn't have. With the logistical situation at sea, there's no ETA and no guarantee of delivery.

I had a package shipped from the U.S. to Europe. It took 117 days to arrive. For 89 of those days, I was unable to get any tracking info whatsoever. No one knew where my package was until it arrived at my front door.

Another package that was supposed to be delivered from the Netherlands to Sweden took 4 months before I received a notification that my package was lost.

Oh boy don't get me started.. we have here a local FB page for this lol. I believe the record belongs to a guy whos package miraculously appeared at his front door 3(!) years later.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody else have issues with the Navy Chino pants, shorts, etc. always being smaller than the other color counterparts? I am just noticing now, but almost seems like it is about 0.5 sizes smaller.

mabbott29

Reaction score
Does anybody else have issues with the Navy Chino pants, shorts, etc. always being smaller than the other color counterparts? I am just noticing now, but almost seems like it is about 0.5 sizes smaller.
This happened to me with the green chinos - nearly a size smaller than the other 4 colors I have from the most recent drop.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is how my S&M Field Jacket fits. The jacket is Small in size. I am 178 cm tall and my weight is about 72 kg (last time I checked :) )

51484335689_f06521d4a8_b.jpg

51483615286_0ac18dba26_c.jpg

jermyzy

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting the link for the trench coats? Not showing up on the website for me, I want to setup a in-stock notification.

edit: NVM, found it under Fall 2021 preview

t0ronto

Reaction score
Thinking about getting one of the VBC vests, but wondering about sizing. If I'm planning to wear this as outerwear over light sweaters or oxford shirts, should I go for something closer to the body or more loose?
I'm usually a 42 or a M in most things, but under the sizing section it says the M would be a size 40

Imperatores

Reaction score
I took delivery of my Moon field jacket today. I want to caution those of you who bought one or are considering buying based on the fit of previous season's field jackets (like I did). The fit is completely different on this new one, and nothing like the measurement chart on their site. Shoulders are a a solid 2 cm narrower, the chest a whopping 4 cm smaller and the sleeves (forearms in particular) are comically skinny when compared to the same size from the last FW season. I'm not sure if I want to exchange for a size up or if the fit is now so different that it just doesn't work for me at all anymore.

These massive variations in measurements between fabrics/seasons of the same product is starting to kill my excitement for the brand. Returns and exchanges are a huge pain (and cost) when ordering internationally, and it always feels like a crapshoot whether something will fit or not.

Stylewords

Reaction score
I took delivery of my Moon field jacket today. I want to caution those of you who bought one or are considering buying based on the fit of previous season's field jackets (like I did). The fit is completely different on this new one, and nothing like the measurement chart on their site. Shoulders are a a solid 2 cm narrower, the chest a whopping 4 cm smaller and the sleeves (forearms in particular) are comically skinny when compared to the same size from the last FW season. I'm not sure if I want to exchange for a size up or if the fit is now so different that it just doesn't work for me at all anymore.

These massive variations in measurements between fabrics/seasons of the same product is starting to kill my excitement for the brand. Returns and exchanges are a huge pain (and cost) when ordering internationally, and it always feels like a crapshoot whether something will fit or not.
Thanks for the info. I'd agree in general that the brand has great products, but sizes are a complete lottery.

ULCajun

Reaction score

Good info. I do agree that sizing variations between years is annoying. Even the same product. It’s frustrating to keep ordering different sizes on one order and return the one that doesn’t work as I have to float the cost of one for a month before I get a return.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Good info. I do agree that sizing variations between years is annoying. Even the same product. It’s frustrating to keep ordering different sizes on one order and return the one that doesn’t work as I have to float the cost of one for a month before I get a return.

I don't really have the option to order multiple sizes at once, being an international customer. Trousers have been especially frustrating for me. Even MTO have come back very different when I've given exactly the same measurements. A few times I've struck RTW gold with their trousers (and promptly picked up every color of that particular trouser), but other times that same size isn't even remotely close to right. At least there's some tailoring leeway with trousers, unlike this field jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads