• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AdBax

Reaction score
Can anyone provide any sizing recommendations for Spier coats? (I'm particularly looking at the Ulster, but general advice would be very welcome.) I'm a 38 Spier sportcoat - should I size up to 40, or stick to 38 if the coats cut to sit over jackets?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sentry

Reaction score
do you all reckon there will be additional colors for the polo coats? i was hoping for something closer to the brown herringbone overcoat

Imperatores

Reaction score
Can anyone provide any sizing recommendations for Spier coats? (I'm particularly looking at the Ulster, but general advice would be very welcome.) I'm a 38 Spier sportcoat - should I size up to 40, or stick to 38 if the coats cut to sit over jackets?

I take my sportcoat size for the overcoats, and would describe the fit as comfortably slim. I wear 38 slim though, so it's possible that guys who wear contemporary or like a lot of room in their coats would prefer to size up.

$600 for the Trench coat! I have no idea what similar jackets go for, but that sounds like it's on the expensive side for S&M.

Yeah, seems like they're trying out some slightly more expensive and luxurious products this season. A $700 full canvas sportcoat, cashmere sweaters, the upcoming suede jackets etc. I like it, and it feels like a natural progression for the brand. I'm sure a lot of their core customer base have most of their basics covered at this point, and would like some nicer statement pieces here and there.

jdtjib

Reaction score
Hey!

Question regarding the Neapolitan fit. Has the fit and measurements changed the last couple of years?

I bought the one in the attached pictures in 2019 on sale (42L) early 2019, but didn't keep it.

The measurements on the new models seems perfect, but will this year's models fit the same as my last purchase? I remember my last purchase as feeling too short, with longer sleeves than the measurements implied and with a wide waist. Sleeves and waist could be adjusted, but I didn't bother when the length felt too short .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-000930.png
    Screenshot_20210925-000930.png
    388.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads