• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
These suits are pretty close to what I was looking to get this season, but (a) would prefer some stretch (I know that's not a popular opinion on StyFo); and (b) am skeptical of the weight. 410 gsm is pretty close to overcoat weight, right? At least the tweeds SCs I have in that weight all feel more like outerwear to me. Does it work differently for cotton than wool?

1632499069362.png

Attachments

• 1632499066336.png
    1632499066336.png
    887.5 KB · Views: 64

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my shawl cardigan and it's 95% perfect. I chose S for my 160 pound, 5'9" frame and it fits well (and it'll stretch a bit, too), But whoever was sewing on the loop for the top button clearly didn't understand that the button won't go through a loop that's so damn small. I'll have to add a larger one to make it work.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I don't mind the taupe or the navy (I already have one in navy, though), but the rest of them are wack. Seems like almost all the good colors are reserved for the various new sweater styles they're releasing this season. I like the broad selection of styles they have now, though. Especially the shorter length ones. Too bad that a lot of the styles miss out on the best colors, and that they've stocked such a tiny amount per size.

Agreed. I'm not one to be daring with my sweater colours but maybe it was highly requested those colours? Can't please everyone though

Got my shawl cardigan and it's 95% perfect. I chose S for my 160 pound, 5'9" frame and it fits well (and it'll stretch a bit, too), But whoever was sewing on the loop for the top button clearly didn't understand that the button won't go through a loop that's so damn small. I'll have to add a larger one to make it work.

Do you mind posting fit pics?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen long sleeve cardigans in the released bunch yet. Anyone know if they only opted for the sleeveless this year, or if they’ll be coming in October?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! This Looks Really Warm For The Winter And A Lot Like The Abe Moon!

1632508017131.png

Black And Red, Which I Have, Makes This To Close For Me, But Lovely, It May Be To Heavy For So. Cali...
1632508214763.png

I Just Recieved The Abe. Moon In The Brown And Green, All I Have Is About (60-90) Days Of Cool Weather Here, But You Have The Harris Tweed Lovers, It's A Beaut...

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! This Looks Really Warm For The Winter And A Lot Like The Abe Moon!

View attachment 1674512

Black And Red, Which I Have, Makes This To Close For Me, But Lovely, It May Be To Heavy For So. Cali...
View attachment 1674513

I Just Recieved The Abe. Moon In The Brown And Green, All I Have Is About (60-90) Days Of Cool Weather Here, But You Have The Harris Tweed Lovers, It's A Beaut...
That was my thought. Beautiful but probably too close to the Black and Red. Hope there will be at least one other Harris Tweed offering

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was my thought. Beautiful but probably too close to the Black and Red. Hope there will be at least one other Harris Tweed offering
According to Rick earlier this month, only the 1 Harris Tweed this season :/

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes keeping it simple works best.
Testing out the burgundy MTO Neo SC. Paired here with SM stone coverts and SM Italian collar oxford bd (we need more of these, by the way). A well cut Neo SC in a solid/texture, nicely rolled collar bd, and odd trews could be my forever uniform.
34850198-0D2E-4E41-AA2C-FBCCBD381A0E.jpeg

2FCC884F-DB1C-4C25-A550-1876F72905F2.jpeg

09AF4E05-BB6C-4CE8-83B3-469614193D42.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads