• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That cashmere ulster coat looks basically like a longer version of the polo coat, but with different lapels?

I'm on board

SpierAndMackayFW21_CamelAlster_43244-Edit.jpg

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S$M, The Arrival Sure Is Sweet!

20210922_122708.jpg

20210922_122813.jpg

The Aran Knit Is Simply Beautiful, A Statement Piece

Both Are Quite Beautiful, I Love The Depth Of Color In This Emerald Green, With A Hint Of Blue, Would Love To See This With Patch Pockets!
20210922_123702.jpg

20210922_123708.jpg

Just Sharing, No Fit, No Thumb Arousal! :fonz:

cr2596

Reaction score
Are the green donegal trousers the same fabric code as last year’s? I have the SC, curious if I can make the suit.

teknique22

Reaction score
Anyone order the new WEBA Wrinkle Free fabrics? They seem interesting but note..50s ply? That is unheard of..I've never seen this low of a ply before, so I'm somewhat concerned. How do they hold up to the 'Thomas Mason'? Thomas Mason wrinkle resistant wasn't very resistant when I tried. Not sure which line they are pitching but if it's anything but Traveller, those fabrics usually aren't denoted as wrinkle free. @spiermackay is the Thomas Mason wrinkle free from their Traveller line? Thanks

Thanks

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got in the shawl cardigan.

Worth the hype. Very soft fabric and feels like being wrapped in a hug. Not scratchy at all, which is important for me in a sweater which I'd wear with a t-shirt or a long sleeve.

Came with a weird small button to the side of the shawl which I snipped off.

I'd personally also love an even thiccer shawl collar in the future.

Oh, also the colour is perfect on the dark navy sweater. No purple shade to it.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Finally got in the shawl cardigan.

Worth the hype. Very soft fabric and feels like being wrapped in a hug. Not scratchy at all, which is important for me in a sweater which I'd wear with a t-shirt or a long sleeve.

It's a wonderfully made item. I spent last winter (a proper New England winter) in a drafty house with broken heating and this was wonderful to have for staving off the windchill that came slicing through the walls and windows, not to mention the general depression of a COVID winter. Life is about taking pleasure in the little things. (Un)fortunately, my job relocated me to California earlier this year and it looks like I won't be using mine much for the foreseeable future....

Came with a weird small button to the side of the shawl which I snipped off.

That button pairs with a little barely-visible loop on the other side, allowing you to theoretically cinch the throat closer together. In actuality though it's purely decorative, as the button is too large to go through the loop, and it isn't a good look, in any case.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like this? If so, why don't you like it?

shawl-cardigan-style-500x625.jpg
Oh, so that's the purpose of that button! The more I learn..

It sat awkwardly outside of the shawl area and looked like an eyesore to me. I'd probably never wear the sweater how Simon has it, so no loss to me.

schraiber

Reaction score
Interesting, looks like they're doing side tab trousers without a pleat this season. They haven't done that before right? I think I prefer a pleat with side tabs, but could be convinced...

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a wonderfully made item. I spent last winter (a proper New England winter) in a drafty house with broken heating and this was wonderful to have for staving off the windchill that came slicing through the walls and windows, not to mention the general depression of a COVID winter. Life is about taking pleasure in the little things. (Un)fortunately, my job relocated me to California earlier this year and it looks like I won't be using mine much for the foreseeable future....

That button pairs with a little barely-visible loop on the other side, allowing you to theoretically cinch the throat closer together. In actuality though it's purely decorative, as the button is too large to go through the loop, and it isn't a good look, in any case.
A drafty house with broken heating sounds absolutely miserable, glad the shawl cardigan was able to give some comfort.

I've heard parts of California have perfect weather year round, that would be pretty great to experience.

I had to feel around for that loop you mention, I didn't even notice it. I feel like it makes more sense to have one more button hole in the shawl, and a button underneath the shawl on the opposite side if you want to use it.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A drafty house with broken heating sounds absolutely miserable, glad the shawl cardigan was able to give some comfort.

I've heard parts of California have perfect weather year round, that would be pretty great to experience.

I had to feel around for that loop you mention, I didn't even notice it. I feel like it makes more sense to have one more button hole in the shawl, and a button underneath the shawl on the opposite side if you want to use it.
It came in perfect for me also when roommate forgot to get oil and we ran out of heat on a cold day this spring. Like it was designed to be worn by the fireplace

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads