• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brennenman

Reaction score
Seeing how the real life public which matters to me universally praised that jacket I believe there are still logical people in this forum who don't give a **** about branding worth interacting with. Then again people multi liked pimps dressed up in leopard pants in this forum's other threads.
thats fair, i guess i just had it beaten into me by gentlemans gazzette to think combos like that arent good, so thats why i ask the question. also just curious would you wear something like that as outerwear or a regular suit jacket?

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In regard to posting pics I see it as pretty simple. Pics are almost always posted to get a reaction and I'll assume the hope is to get a positive one whether from receiving a "LIKE" or an upbeat comment in reply to the pic/pics.
I found out from my first pic post that if you aren't willing to read criticism then don't post pics. You don't have to
accept the criticism but it is likely to happen at some point.

A caveat is on a thread like this where people straight up ask for people to post a pic of a specific item for information purposes. But criticism might still be forthcoming. It is the internet after all and there are certain types (trolls?) who
like to stir the pot.

Other than that if someone claims they aren't posting pics for approval or the like, they are being disingenuous.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Every year I buy something they come out with a better version the following year. This year it’s the new materials in the field jackets and the new classic peacoat

mlcgloves

Reaction score
Every year I buy something they come out with a better version the following year. This year it’s the new materials in the field jackets and the new classic peacoat
felt that way about the solaro suit. I purchased the original and I'm resisting the urge to find a way to justify this year's version

Last edited:

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bringing this oldie back into rotation now that temps are falling with this Zignone wool/silk speckled herringbone

DSC04172.jpg
DSC04213.jpg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally completed the olive linen suit with the trousers this summer, now I want the F/W counterpart for a corduroy suit. I even had a dream I already ordered it.

I've only worn a SC like once in the past month, so this makes 0 sense...but damn is it tempting.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody here snag the Donegal SC? Curious to hear thoughts when it arrives.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
I finally completed the olive linen suit with the trousers this summer, now I want the F/W counterpart for a corduroy suit. I even had a dream I already ordered it.

I've only worn a SC like once in the past month, so this makes 0 sense...but damn is it tempting.

wasnt the big complaint about the prior version of corduroy that it was too shiny?

has this new version eliminated the shine?

i’d be into a mid or dark brown corduroy non shiny jacket

I think a full suit would be too extreme for me but I have seen others wear that and pull it off well

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wasnt the big complaint about the prior version of corduroy that it was too shiny?

I think a full suit would be too extreme for me but I have seen others wear that and pull it off well
On the website, it looks sufficiently dusty/matte to me, but I haven't seen it in person.

alkydrinker

Reaction score

This is a topic of interest to me. I love dusty/matte corduroy, but hate shiny versions. I think Brisbane Moss was a major offender of shiny stuff. The new F/W pieces use cloth from Redaelli Velluti and look pretty promising from the pics. All the pants look matte. The jacket appears with some highs and lows, buuut I think that's likely from a strong camera flash?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads