• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Anyone have what's the general consensus on the fit of the turtlenecks? I wear a 15 contemporary dress shirt in S&M. Not sure if I should go for small or medium.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just dont know why he expects us to care, the one thing that bothers me is that some people are so dead set on these supposed rules and will call you out when you break them in their eyes, style is a personal journey and should be treated as such. There are certain things i like that others dont for example, i like my s.c shorter then my suit jacket because it feels more causal, that doenst mean im going to give someone hard time because they dont see eye to eye with me and wear theiresc longer. you do what makes you happy confident and comfortable.

But what's the point if everyone is just going to say "this is how I like it, I don't care what anyone else thinks"? If that's the case, why post fit pics? Are we just here to buy ****, or actually get better at dressing?

Brennenman

Reaction score
But what's the point if everyone is just going to say "this is how I like it, I don't care what anyone else thinks"? If that's the case, why post fit pics? Are we just here to buy ****, or actually get better at dressing?
I’m not saying that I’m saying some of the arguments on here are ridiculous, if you need help then ask but not everyone post pictures for people to critique for example orangefurys tennis sweater

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To get the likes and approvals which are half of the purchase's enjoyment. The logical ones who disapproved can of course go to hell.

JayDee90

Reaction score
Looking forward to it. There seems to be a fair amount of shoulder extension as well.
You can use Ref# B1406-F to refer to the garmet, rope. No extension. Specified 10.5 cm for lapel width which is just over 4 inches. Padding I believe is standard although upon receipt of the final garment I did request an additional pad on the left shoulder to correct for the drop there. I also requested a 4 layer canvas which is more robust than their standard. Once again, this is not my preference for all suiting, this was a 13/14oz fresco so I kind of leaned all in with the whole suit of armour vibe this time around. I also live in Ontario so, it gets cold. The weight is noticeable when compared to other jackets (surprisingly even against my M&E undyed check from last FW), but not uncomfortably so, i.e. it is very reassuring to be enveloped in such a beefy cloth. :)

Brennenman

Reaction score
To get the likes and approvals which are half of the purchase's enjoyment. The logical ones who disapproved can of course go to hell.
Are they logical though some people wear praising the two in one Hugo boss jacket?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+10. I WISH this was a more widely held belief, and one that wasn't disingenuously coopted by tedious shitposters (looking at you, baby arms!) to explain their positions in a "debate." Disagreement should make people better.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not saying that I’m saying some of the arguments on here are ridiculous, if you need help then ask but not everyone post pictures for people to critique for example orangefurys tennis sweater

Posting your pics on a public forum means you want to interact or get a reaction from strangers. I think they're adult enough to know what to show to the public vs their significant others. There are exceptions however: hackers, too much wine, etc...

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of the people who need the most help are the ones who are the most strident in saying "but this is what I like, I don't care what they 'rules' say".

I agree the comments about only wearing cricket sweaters when playing cricket were...odd...

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they logical though some people wear praising the two in one Hugo boss jacket?

Seeing how the real life public which matters to me universally praised that jacket I believe there are still logical people in this forum who don't give a **** about branding worth interacting with. Then again people multi liked pimps dressed up in leopard pants in this forum's other threads.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm on board with the idea of posting pics=opening oneself to positive, negative, and constructive criticism.

With that said, how we word a critique matters a lot IMO.

Ex: "This sweater looks dorky and stuffy with a shirt worn underneath"

vs.

Ex: "This sweater would look better worn without a collared shirt underneath"

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm on board with the idea of posting pics=opening oneself to positive, negative, and constructive criticism.

With that said, how we word a critique matters a lot IMO.

Ex: "This sweater looks dorky and stuffy with a shirt worn underneath"

vs.

Ex: "This sweater would look better worn without a collared shirt underneath"

Very true. I also think it's fair to be less critical in an affiliate thread vs. a WAYWT thread.

MrFingers

Reaction score
If anyone is waiting on the restock of the tennis sweater. I didn’t vibe with mine too much, size M and CONUS. Just want what I paid for. Hmu if interested.

E3F08D91-016E-40FB-B09E-7CA057FA8C8F.jpeg

Oh and quality is actually pretty cool, same as the Aran, soft and somewhat heavy, drapes nicely

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads