• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forced my son to put on a SM sportjacket from last year and the first thing he said (not knowing anything sartorial) was, "The holes around the arms are so big the whole jacket goes up when I move my arms around." I'm glad this glaring issue is being addressed for next summer.
This is as likely to have happened as it is that I’m Jesus Christ the Messiah

You’ll have to try a bit harder with your trolling, you are getting sloppy.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Regarding the deep V-necks: have anyone with sz 38 SCs received one? If so, which size did you chose? The size chart says 38 = S, but I am deciding betwen S and M. Thanks!

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

he just makes the assumption that his (or kids kids) body type is very typical for the average SM customer…which is not very likely

Brennenman

Reaction score

i just dont know why he expects us to care, the one thing that bothers me is that some people are so dead set on these supposed rules and will call you out when you break them in their eyes, style is a personal journey and should be treated as such. There are certain things i like that others dont for example, i like my s.c shorter then my suit jacket because it feels more causal, that doenst mean im going to give someone hard time because they dont see eye to eye with me and wear theiresc longer. you do what makes you happy confident and comfortable.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just dont know why he expects us to care, the one thing that bothers me is that some people are so dead set on these supposed rules and will call you out when you break them in their eyes, style is a personal journey and should be treated as such. There are certain things i like that others dont for example, i like my s.c shorter then my suit jacket because it feels more causal, that doenst mean im going to give someone hard time because they dont see eye to eye with me and wear theiresc longer. you do what makes you happy confident and comfortable.

I was just telling you guys what happened irl. I didn't know a bunch of people actually cared and commented back.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor @XxLogo . Was probably excited to show off his new Aran sweater purchase and just threw it on. And you guys blast him for it.
At this point I really don’t have to care what others think, just putting a photo out there for who wanted to see IRL photos. If I think it looks good I’m going to wear it.

At least I’ll look better than the average guy on the streets wearing oversized jeans hanging off their ass and an overly branded, too big hoodie

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At this point I really don’t have to care what others think, just putting a photo out there for who wanted to see IRL photos. If I think it looks good I’m going to wear it.

At least I’ll look better than the average guy on the streets wearing oversized jeans hanging off their ass and an overly branded, too big hoodie

You are a badass among overly sensitive "males".

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone school me.

There is the incoming sweatshirt KNIT crew neck seen here

Then there is the Mid gray crew neck.

So the sweatshirt knit crew is a more refined version of the typical sweatshirt. I guess my question is is there much of a difference in the sweatshirt knit and the regular merino crewneck? How would you wear it? etc

carterjones

Reaction score
I forced my son to put on a SM sportjacket from last year and the first thing he said (not knowing anything sartorial) was, "The holes around the arms are so big the whole jacket goes up when I move my arms around." I'm glad this glaring issue is being addressed for next summer.
contemp/slim? neo/regular? as i understand it, the contemp fit and neo cut seemed to have considerably lower armholes

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
contemp/slim? neo/regular? as i understand it, the contemp fit and neo cut seemed to have considerably lower armholes

2 button 36S Slim regular blazer cut in tropical Dino Filarte fabric.

Reaction score
Aran Knit sweater in Cream arrived today. Love the cream colour. Size is XS. Does your girlfriend approve @Riva ?

Still 20 Degrees out, but was actually able to wear the LS Polo today comfortably for the first time since Spring. Fall is coming!

Mind if I ask for your measurements?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why Is S$M Using? FedX And Then Hand It Off To USPS??? :brick: It's Impossible To Track A Package! :brick:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads