• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife likes my cricket/tennis sweater and even has one of her own. To each their own. We don’t like everything the other wears, but luckily it’s deeper than clothes.

4AB6F24B-F726-4D9A-BAD1-63A3F017EBA3.jpeg

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Not trying to impress your girlfriend.

Also, I just threw it on over what I wore to work to see if it fit, obviously not wearing it like this when I actually wear it. I've been working 17+ hour days this week on disaster recovery from the hurricane we were hit by and you've already made it clear you don't like cricket sweaters, so my capacity to give a **** what you or your girlfriend think at this point is nonexistent.

Hey, maybe you should have prefaced your original post by indicating that you're happy with your purchase and weren't necessarily looking for...oh wait....

I don’t care what anyone says, I love it:

Fit looks perfect, BTW.

ShibuiC

Reaction score
With all the recent drops, I've been thinking about what items are at the top of my buy list from SM.
I've got:
Stone coverts
British khaki high rise chinos
Dress belt
Light gray high rise flannel
Light wash denim shirt

I know Spier is currently working on releasing a waxed cotton jacket, but I'd love to see a tattersall to go with it, something like this would be perfect:
32472489563_0d8617cafc_b.jpg

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Do we know anything about the gray fox flannel GMTO that’s supposedly coming soon? Pattern or solid, makeup, anything?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With all the recent drops, I've been thinking about what items are at the top of my buy list from SM.
I've got:
Stone coverts
British khaki high rise chinos
Dress belt
Light gray high rise flannel
Light wash denim shirt

I know Spier is currently working on releasing a waxed cotton jacket, but I'd love to see a tattersall to go with it, something like this would be perfect:
View attachment 1671214

Tattersall + Barbour is basically a uniform for me come November. I love my Barbour.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not trying to impress your girlfriend.

Also, I just threw it on over what I wore to work to see if it fit, obviously not wearing it like this when I actually wear it. I've been working 17+ hour days this week on disaster recovery from the hurricane we were hit by and you've already made it clear you don't like cricket sweaters, so my capacity to give a **** what you or your girlfriend think at this point is nonexistent.
Wear your Harris tweed next. We’ve already established jackets like that have zero purpose…would like that undeniable fact reiterated by our resident expert who is not even slightly a shitposting troll.

zurich64

Reaction score
Got the cricket sweater in yesterday. I don’t care what anyone says, I love it:
View attachment 1671101

only thing I wish it had was red/blue bands around the wrists, but that’s just personal preference.
One does not wear a white cricket sweater with anything other than a white shirt. We always carried it with us to put on the field or wore it only inside a sports club. It is never worn as a daily wear item (unless you got it from the salvation army and it is your only piece of warm clothing).

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we know anything about the gray fox flannel GMTO that’s supposedly coming soon? Pattern or solid, makeup, anything?
Traditional Fox flannel. Heavy is all I've heard when I asked. From what I understood, it's heavier than 340 gms. That was enough info for me to decide to looks elsewhere/MTO (Minnis 340 gms).

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Traditional Fox flannel. Heavy is all I've heard when I asked. From what I understood, it's heavier than 340 gms. That was enough info for me to decide to looks elsewhere/MTO (Minnis 340 gms).
You’re privy to more info, but if it’s the “traditional” Fox, I think it clocks in around 390g/13oz. Not lightweight, but I wouldn’t think it feels dramatically heavier.
It COULD be the heritage flannel range, but given its really aggressive weight (500g+ if memory serves) it would be no small shock to me if it’s offered RTW.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads