• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OhMyGravy

Reaction score
Can anyone who has the Navy Twill DB sport coat comment on its length? I got it in my usual size, but when measured, it's about 1.5 inches shorter than the same size SB jackets I have. Other areas fit pretty much as expected. So not sure whether I got one that was over the tolerance or it was just supposed to be cut that short.

dangaa

Reaction score
Really regret waiting so long on the DB off-white linen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever it comes down to the question of SB or DB and you struggle making a decision, always go with the DB unless it's:
- for a wedding
- black tie event
- you live in a humid/hot climate
Thanks for the response. Could you please elaborate on that train of thought and why/how you come to that conclusion? Thanks.

Brennenman

Reaction score
Suit looks much better on you now. Is this the one you got flamed by other users for? Post-tailored right?
Yup this is the one it’s still got a little creasing above the top closing button and out to the side but that’s slowing being taken care of with bjj

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup this is the one it’s still got a little creasing above the top closing button and out to the side but that’s slowing being taken care of with bjj
I think it fits much better now, fwiw.

Hope everything is well with the mother-to-be and the baby.

apd90700

Reaction score
What do you all think of care on the Cream colored suits? Do they display wear more than darker colors, or does it usually not affect the material unless you're careless with how you're wearing it?

Octobab

Reaction score
Quest cotton holds its shape well and looks very polished. Cotton/linen trousers are comfier but thats about it, just a more causal trouser cause it’ll wrinkle more

Is there a substantial difference in how they wear in hot weather?

Having never owned or even handled anything in Quest Cotton, how viable is it for shoulder season or year-round wear?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on linen/cotton blend trousers vs quest cotton?
Quest cotton holds its shape well and looks very polished. Cotton/linen trousers are comfier but thats about it, just a more causal trouser cause it’ll wrinkle more
Get both is the obvious answer. I have both.
but I find that the Sondrios hold a crease better and wrinkle less than the Quest cottons and the 100% linens. Not sure why but I assume that Sondrio adds a finish to theirs that helps them retain form better.

MrFingers

Reaction score

Having never owned or even handled anything in Quest Cotton, how viable is it for shoulder season or year-round wear?
Personally I prefer quest cotton because the cotton linen I own are tighter and I have them in cream which shows the pockets a bit much for my comfort zone. I’d prolly wear the quest cottons to the office personally since to me they feel like a fancy chino.

for hot weather I think they’re both fine. Obviously the linen ones will breath better but being tighter I think theure About the same

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It’s very light weight. Depending on your location, it may be too light for shoulder season. I will be putting mine away, along with the linens and the Sondrio’s, in September.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on linen/cotton blend trousers vs quest cotton?
Sondrios today
7367E3CC-C8B8-42DE-B12C-E3FB0F8E66AC.jpeg
Quests yesterday
A698AEAA-74DB-4AA4-894A-590916625015.jpeg

like linen, I have to iron the quests after each wearing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads