• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Yeah, i got it on steep discount earlier this year. My only dislike is the slight sheen of thr brushed wool finish but its no big deal. I'm starting to prefer the dry crunch of high twist wool, but this suit works just fine

The slight sheen could potentially be seen as a good thing when wearing it like you are in the pics, but I see what you mean. The other reason I never pulled the trigger is that I'm not sure if the fabric has enough texture for the patch pockets to make sense. A charcoal jacket would need a fair bit of texture to work as a separate. Otherwise it would be better off with jetted or flapped pockets imo.

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score
The slight sheen could potentially be seen as a good thing when wearing it like you are in the pics, but I see what you mean. The other reason I never pulled the trigger is that I'm not sure if the fabric has enough texture for the patch pockets to make sense. A charcoal jacket would need a fair bit of texture to work as a separate. Otherwise it would be better off with jetted or flapped pockets imo.
Definitely not enough texture to function as a separate. I prefer patch pockets on casual suits like this one (pretty much all suits) because it brings the formality down a notch, which is always my preference for dressing smart. Nice but not so nice that i look out of place by a large measure.

dangaa

Reaction score
Staff must be pumping orders out today. I just got three shipping confirmations for orders placed throughout last week including one from last Friday.

Good ol' Rick must be cracking the whip :slayer:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Custom shirt question
What is the difference between collar C2 and C6? Both described as Classic Spread?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Does anyone have real world pictures of the Marling and Evans Brown and Blue Glencheck from the MTO section? Fabric code LINFIT/16826/C3-MTO-J .

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have real world pictures of the Marling and Evans Brown and Blue Glencheck from the MTO section? Fabric code LINFIT/16826/C3-MTO-J .

Considered it myself for the longest time. Eventually decided that it looked to similar to two other jackets I have. It looks awesome and the fabric composition is great.

Stylewords

Reaction score

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks great in general. I think you'd be better off letting it out if there's enough material. If you go up a size, it might not fit as well in other areas.
Agreed. I think letting out the waist by 0.5 to 1 inch would make a difference.

blewnote1

Reaction score
@blewnote1 I'm not the most experienced member, but from the front I think it looks good. I'm also a fan of unpadded shoulders. I think length looks okay (seems to reach where you fingers curl). But from the side-view the vents are flaring out.

Thanks, I rechecked the side vents and they don't appear to be flaring so I think I'm good with that size. Appreciate the feedback!

blewnote1

Reaction score
Hmmm... my main concern is that the side vents are flaring. Lengthwise... I think it looks good. Most of the time wide angle lenses tend to make things look lengthier, if that makes sense. Shoulders and chest look great. In any case, if you're in a place in which you can exchange items easily, I would try the 46S, just to see how it fits. May need some tailoring at the waist but I'm guessing that might help with the vents.

I double checked the side vents and they don't appear to be flaring (perhaps it was the pants I was wearing? *shrugs*). Thanks for the input with regards to the rest, I guess I can just try ordering a short and seeing if it fits better lengthwise and even if I have to return it I'll know one way or the other. It's good to know the rest of it looks ok though, thanks for input!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I double checked the side vents and they don't appear to be flaring (perhaps it was the pants I was wearing? *shrugs*). Thanks for the input with regards to the rest, I guess I can just try ordering a short and seeing if it fits better lengthwise and even if I have to return it I'll know one way or the other. It's good to know the rest of it looks ok though, thanks for input!
Ah, nice. If the vents are completely closed, then I wouldn't try the 46. Stick with the 44 and try the Short, as you said. :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads