• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have feedback on the plum hopsack jacket? Any photos perhaps?

?

1627877505569.png

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) | Page 5046 | Styleforum

@jdhoop

jtsc88

Reaction score

jermyzy

Reaction score
Does anyone have feedback on the plum hopsack jacket? Any photos perhaps?

I just ordered the last 36S in contemporary, will post pics when it arrives. I usually wear 36S in slim, but gained almost 10 lbs during covid lockdown and now my suits/sportscoats are too tight...

ElliotG

Reaction score
I have both and they are superb. Here's the Navy
View attachment 1646163 View attachment 1646164

I managed to get the last charcoal one in my size a couple of weeks ago, was a no brainer with a further 20% off an already generously discounted sale price. It's also a stunner - will try and get unworn pics up for you tomorrow.

Someone a while back compared it to pajama (or pyjama if you're so inclined) cloth a ways back in the forum. What are your thoughts on the feel of the fabric?

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone a while back compared it to pajama (or pyjama if you're so inclined) cloth a ways back in the forum. What are your thoughts on the feel of the fabric?

He must have some really luxurious pyajamas then!

I have 7 pairs of Botto Giuseppe flannel trousers and 3 complete suits, I suppose if I didn't like them so much then I wouldn't keep buying them. It's a really great flannel - honestly can't see how it can be compared to pyjamas :rolleyes:

conak

Reaction score

I find they compare favorably to my pyjamas--which I typically have made up by Anderson Sheppard from Vicuna--though the canvassing is stiffer.

hamish5178

Reaction score
another S&M fit dump:

- standard OCBD w/ (I think) a Drago plaid hopsack:

IMG_4297-1.jpg

- aforementioned not-plum-linen-blend-brown-hopsack w/ fresco trousers & pink stripe slub linen shirt:

IMG_4958-1.jpg

- purple-label OCBD w/ another hopsack SC (guabello? can't remember), fresco trousers:

IMG_4911.jpg

- fresco jacket worn as blazer w/ italian spread blue stripe poplin & fresco trousers (sensing a theme?)

IMG_5149.jpg

- brown hopsack again, purple-label OCBD, yet another pair of frescos:

IMG_4547.jpg

- dress chinos & LS polo:

IMG_4649.jpg

- fresco suit and slub linen again:

IMG_4177.jpg

- mto mid-grey sharkskin, standard OCBD:

IMG_4570.jpg

- plaid hopsack and purple-label OBCD, tie is also Spier:

IMG_4684.jpg

- the best $298 I ever spent:

IMG_4761.jpg

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think that's it. That looks like the Guabello brown wool/ cotton/ linen blend hopsack from last summer. It comes out looking a bit plum-like in photos and IRL.

Here's a few posts:
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/spier-mackay-official-affiliate-thread.383376/post-10644866

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/spier-mackay-official-affiliate-thread.383376/post-10643208

Thanks!

I just ordered the last 36S in contemporary, will post pics when it arrives. I usually wear 36S in slim, but gained almost 10 lbs during covid lockdown and now my suits/sportscoats are too tight...

You're in luck: S&M jackets can be let out a bit.

Imperatores

Reaction score
another S&M fit dump:

- standard OCBD w/ (I think) a Drago plaid hopsack:

View attachment 1647640

- aforementioned not-plum-linen-blend-brown-hopsack w/ fresco trousers & pink stripe slub linen shirt:

View attachment 1647644

- purple-label OCBD w/ another hopsack SC (guabello? can't remember), fresco trousers:

View attachment 1647645

- fresco jacket worn as blazer w/ italian spread blue stripe poplin & fresco trousers (sensing a theme?)

View attachment 1647646

- brown hopsack again, purple-label OCBD, yet another pair of frescos:

View attachment 1647647

- dress chinos & LS polo:

View attachment 1647650

- fresco suit and slub linen again:

View attachment 1647652

- mto mid-grey sharkskin, standard OCBD:

View attachment 1647653

- plaid hopsack and purple-label OBCD, tie is also Spier:

View attachment 1647654

- the best $298 I ever spent:

View attachment 1647648

Great post! Excellent fit and really well executed outfits on all of these. The only thing I don't like are the shoes with the navy fresco suit. That suit deserves some proper oxfords. Do you have any thoughts on the fit of the navy fresco compared to other Neo jackets/suits? Is it cut slimmer or roomier etc.?

MrFingers

Reaction score
He must have some really luxurious pyajamas then!

I have 7 pairs of Botto Giuseppe flannel trousers and 3 complete suits, I suppose if I didn't like them so much then I wouldn't keep buying them. It's a really great flannel - honestly can't see how it can be compared to pyjamas :rolleyes:
Lmao I did say it was my first flannel suit. It feels so soft and almost unstructured that it only reminds me of my flannel pajamas or even hoodies. I have 0 experience with flannel suits and much less with high end ones so that’s where my thought process came from.
Also worth noting that my comparison of its fabric to a pajama is not a bad thing. Merely what my first thought was. It’s pretty nice for the money. Need to drop it off at the tailor in a few months or I would take pics showcasing it

hamish5178

Reaction score
Great post! Excellent fit and really well executed outfits on all of these. The only thing I don't like are the shoes with the navy fresco suit. That suit deserves some proper oxfords. Do you have any thoughts on the fit of the navy fresco compared to other Neo jackets/suits? Is it cut slimmer or roomier etc.?

I'm a loaferman at heart, the Paraboots only come out when it rains (which, in PGH, feels like most days).

The fresco suit is from 2018, so I'm not sure any fit advice would still be relevant. It's not the right size anyway and has been let out to within an inch of its life. Great fabric regardless, though it pills a lot on the inside of the jacket, for some reason.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads