• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay what is the current turn around for custom suits? Fiancée and I decided to get married first week of October - so scrambling to get things together. Would love a custom suit for this occasion but know the timeframe is right.

Congratulations!

First week of October should be Ok. If you place the order this week, and email [email protected] know it's for a wedding. You should have it the end of the fist week of Sept or early the 2nd week.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering the Dugdale trousers just to support the company - I prefer forward plears and don't love the side adjuster design but it's a phenomenal value and a tremendous cloth.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Considering the Dugdale trousers just to support the company - I prefer forward plears and don't love the side adjuster design but it's a phenomenal value and a tremendous cloth.

Thanks for for support!

This side adjuster most likely won't make it to production. It's what was used on the shorts and we only asked for one sample pair to have them, but the factory make all 3 with them. No time to change them for the pics.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Dugdale is a more wooly/softer hand. The covert is very dry. The Dugdale is more matte as well.

Edit: This is also an experiment for both the MTO and the appetite for "Higher End - Branded" Fabrics. Dugdale is the clear leader for Cavalry Twill, so we'll see how many people actually care. At $248 USD it's probably the best price on offer for this cloth anywhere.
Rick, can you compare the color of the stone coverts and the fawn dugdales? Looks like the dugdales may be darker?

This is 100% Wool. Why isn't that listed....
I noticed that when you feature a custom fabric under the sport coats menu, the fabric composition info in many cases is omitted. But sometimes you can find it by searching for the fabric within the Custom menu

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick, can you compare the color of the stone coverts and the fawn dugdales? Looks like the dugdales may be darker?

I noticed that when you feature a custom fabric under the sport coats menu, the fabric composition info in many cases is omitted. But sometimes you can find it by searching for the fabric within the Custom menu

The dugdale is a bit darker. The colour is pretty accurate online.

Have to speak with the web team. I could have sworn that info was there. I mean, that's fundamental info. FML.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for for support!

This side adjuster most likely won't make it to production. It's what was used on the shorts and we only asked for one sample pair to have them, but the factory make all 3 with them. No time to change them for the pics.
so side adjusters, not belt loops, but a different one than shown in photos?

acg2010

Reaction score
@spiermackay When I try to customize the blackwatch and add it to my cart it won't let me because it says "Sorry for the inconvenience the item Dark Wash Denim - 44314/2-MTO-J removed from your cart due to out of stock!" Is that a glitch or are you out of the blackwatch or can it only be added in the Neo configuration that's on the website?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for for support!

Dang man! I actually like that side adjuster design…. If it’s not that then I don’t think I would go for it I thought it was very unique and fitting for a nice GMTO… good to know that that side adjuster is not final product because I def would have been disappointed.

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
What's the issue in the jacket fit? Have you tired MTO?
I don't like where the button hits on the regular jackets, and they feel slightly too long. The shorts are too short. I would consider MTO - would love to get fitted next time I'm in Mississauga. Which will hopefully be later this year.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay When I try to customize the blackwatch and add it to my cart it won't let me because it says "Sorry for the inconvenience the item Dark Wash Denim - 44314/2-MTO-J removed from your cart due to out of stock!" Is that a glitch or are you out of the blackwatch or can it only be added in the Neo configuration that's on the website?

Investigating.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Denim is finally in production. Pretty excited about these. Been working on this project for a little over 2 years. The challenge was finding the right factory, the right fabric a getting the washes right. Also trying to keep the price in check and not being able to travel for the past 18 months made it that much more difficult. Easy to get quality if you're paying a high price. Easy to get a good price if you don't care about quality. The challenge is to balance the quality/price to create amazing value and I think that's what we do better than most and our denim line will truly reflect that.

20210801_133351.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads