• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpierTeam

Reaction score
Greetings, Gentlemen! We're excited to launch our GMTO (Group Made-To-Order) for Dugdale Cavalry Twill trousers. As some of you may remember, we gauged interest earlier in the year, and it's finally here! There are 3 colours available: Fawn, Medium Gray, and Moss Green, available in our High-Rise cut (no customizations can be made to the stock template or measurements). We will be accepting orders until August 14th, at which point the orders will be sent into production and are slated to ship around mid-November.

Click here to visit the website

Brennenman

Reaction score
I hate to be the ignorant one here, but what exactly is Calvary twill and what are its benefits?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the ignorant one here, but what exactly is Calvary twill and what are its benefits?

Its a heavy twill, great for fall/winter trousers, similar weights to flannels, but wears (and holds a crease) like iron.

By many accounts, the Dugdale version of this fabric is among the top of the line.

ksinc

Reaction score
Apologies for off-topic in the thread, but I have read this thread almost entirely and it inspired me to give Spier a try for a new jacket.

Q: for you Spier regulars - Is there a secret ritual or sacrifice required to get a return processed?

I'm having no luck with my first purchase. I purchased a 44 and 46 jacket to try on and want to return the 44. Spier responded and said UPS would send a pdf with a return label, but it never came. I did receive a tracking no notification. Spier doesn't answer the phone and emails are not solving my problem. So, I called UPS and they are trying to charge me $15 to schedule my pickup and are holding my return label hostage until I do so. I'm concerned as my return window is closing that this be resolved quickly.

I am in FL USA. So, UPS has me in some international shipping escalation rabbit hole like Canada is a national security threat.
Thoughts? Do you have the same difficulty returning to Spier from the US?

Oh - and the jacket is very nice - the Guabello Hopsack. I also have a C2 shirt on the way to try out, but I'm growing concerned if this will be a regular thing.

Thanks for any help/advice.

dangaa

Reaction score
@spiermackay Rick, anymore lightweight OCBD's coming? I see the white was just restocked. Any linen dress shirts?

Not sure what got delayed in production but I'm hoping to pickup more of both.

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score
Apologies for off-topic in the thread, but I have read this thread almost entirely and it inspired me to give Spier a try for a new jacket.

Q: for you Spier regulars - Is there a secret ritual or sacrifice required to get a return processed?

I'm having no luck with my first purchase. I purchased a 44 and 46 jacket to try on and want to return the 44. Spier responded and said UPS would send a pdf with a return label, but it never came. I did receive a tracking no notification. Spier doesn't answer the phone and emails are not solving my problem. So, I called UPS and they are trying to charge me $15 to schedule my pickup and are holding my return label hostage until I do so. I'm concerned as my return window is closing that this be resolved quickly.

I am in FL USA. So, UPS has me in some international shipping escalation rabbit hole like Canada is a national security threat.

Oh - and the jacket is very nice - the Guabello Hopsack. I also have a C2 shirt on the way to try out, but I'm growing concerned if this will be a regular thing.

Customer service is swamped, I believe, but they will respond amd shouldn't hold the days of unresponsiveness against you. Same thing happened to me last week with the UPS label and they figured it out. Patience is the best strategy

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try messaging the owner on Instagram

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my blackwatch tartan Neo MTO sportcoat. I'm definitely going to like wearing it. Gonna hit up @An Acute Style for some styling advice, as he's the king of blackwatch.

Also received the '21 navy Neo fresco suit. So far, fit seems ok out the box. Currently hanging up to allow it to dewrinkle itself and better take shape. Will report back on this, to share how it stacks up against other Neo suits I've owned in terms of fit.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my blackwatch tartan Neo MTO sportcoat. I'm definitely going to like wearing it. Gonna hit up @An Acute Style for some styling advice, as he's the king of blackwatch.

Also received the '21 navy Neo fresco suit. So far, fit seems ok out the box. Currently hanging up to allow it to dewrinkle itself and better take shape. Will report back on this, to share how it stacks up against other Neo suits I've owned in terms of fit.
Great minds. Took delivery of an MTO black watch jacket yesterday. The plaid is subtle not loud and the factory did a nice job with pattern matching. Very happy with how it turned out

pickergc

Reaction score
How everyone has a good weekend! All S&M……maybe long sleeve knit polos for FW?! There may have been some last year, I wasn’t paying attention.
A4683B69-AE98-450E-8338-9C1213B44AF9.jpeg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How everyone has a good weekend! All S&M……maybe long sleeve knit polos for FW?! There may have been some last year, I wasn’t paying attention. View attachment 1646716
There were long sleeved knit polos last FW season, both in the merino knit and pique cotton. Depending how they sold, expect them this year, too, I'd say.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads