• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dirty little secret: I’ve still not opened the hip pockets on this.
43C7C0F9-2146-48E8-A57E-60CD56B350D3.jpeg

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@wilcthree That solarus looks great! How does the fabric handle in the heat? I've mainly been using wool/linen blends for the summer. The solarus is 100% wool so wondering how it breathes in the heat.
Very good question! I wore it all for about 30 minutes to take pictures this morning in about 78 degree LA weather. Was pretty sunny, but I don’t know if I had it on long enough to make an assessment about its heat performance. I can say it felt silky and light-ish.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@wilcthree That solarus looks great! How does the fabric handle in the heat? I've mainly been using wool/linen blends for the summer. The solarus is 100% wool so wondering how it breathes in the heat.

I have the previous iteration of the Solaro, and I can tell you that compared to linen, its a "summer suit" by tradition only. I love it, but especially here in Houston, it's only a summer suit if you spend your whole day indoors in air conditioning.

On the other end of the spectrum, I keep bringing it up, but my linen/silk suit from a couple years back is without a doubt the coolest-wearing suit I own

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the previous iteration of the Solaro, and I can tell you that compared to linen, its a "summer suit" by tradition only. I love it, but especially here in Houston, it's only a summer suit if you spend your whole day indoors in air conditioning.

On the other end of the spectrum, I keep bringing it up, but my linen/silk suit from a couple years back is without a doubt the coolest-wearing suit I own
Yup. I can see that.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dugdale GMTO is up
Seem like a tough sell to me. The weight seems to be similiar to the VBC Covert trousers, but $100 more.

I know some goofball is going to come in to correct me on the differences between the two. No, a single twill vs. double twill weave isn't different enough.

dench127

Reaction score
Seem like a tough sell to me. The weight seems to be similiar to the VBC Covert trousers, but $100 more.

I know some goofball is going to come in to correct me on the differences between the two. No, a single twill vs. double twill weave isn't different enough.
Was the VBC covert GMTO 100 dollars less, or were those RTW?

dangaa

Reaction score
Was the VBC covert GMTO 100 dollars less, or were those RTW?

I believe @FlyingHorker is referring to the RTW offering that was $100 less at time of launch. They are currently on sale and even less now so if you are considering them they are a great deal. I have all three colors myself (medium gray currently sold out).

Charcoal Covert

Brown Covert

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the coverts listed at 168. So +80. Not small change.
lotta guys said they’d be in. We’ll see in a couple weeks.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe @FlyingHorker is referring to the RTW offering that was $100 less at time of launch. They are currently on sale and even less now so if you are considering them they are a great deal. I have all three colors myself (medium gray currently sold out).

Charcoal Covert

Brown Covert
@FlyingHorker is referring to $100CAD.
Yep, thanks for the added clarification and elaboration guys, I was referring to $100CAD at time of launch for the VBC Coverts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads