• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually just got the Navy linen db jacket—it's at the tailor right now. It's my first purchase with SM but I really love it. Dense, sturdy linen that rumples rather than wrinkles.

My tailor was super enamored with it actually lol, he was like "Where did you get this? They don't make linen like this anymore?" and "This will last you 15 years without losing shape!"

Quick question though, does anyone know if the linen dress trousers in navy would match this jacket? Would love to wear this as a suit too but not sure if you're meant to mix and match like that.
Looks like different product codes but to be sure ask Rick @spiermackay

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have only worn the suit twice so far, once when going out and one day at the office. My first impression was uncertain. It didn't seem right and I was unsure about the silhouette. After my second time wearing the outfit, it felt better. I feel like it fits me well. It's not absolutely perfect by all means however it is growing on me. The jacket is a hair too long and the trousers could fall more cleanly but are fair overall. Compared to S&M regular cut jackets, this one fits me better. It does not feel as slim on me as non-Neo jackets and I like how it drapes. Hopefully, this doesn't change the third time. :p

I am a little slimmer than last year so that may be part of the difference as well. Try wearing it again and see how it feels.

Thanks for the responses, gents. I just got my 2021 Neo Solaro back from the tailor. And man… that joint is fire. Seriously. This is to say, I’m wondering why the difference in fit between this one and the Cavdendish, especially if they’re the same size and cut, and the same tailor did both alterations? ??‍♂️ I dunno. I could ponder this more, but I’m just going to appreciate the goodness of my Solaro suit. This makes me cautiously optimistic about the ‘21 Neo fresco I’m to receive this Friday. Will report back re: consistency in fit as I’ve ordered the same size.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, gents. I just got my 2021 Neo Solaro back from the tailor. And man… that joint is fire. Seriously. This is to say, I’m wondering why the difference in fit between this one and the Cavdendish, especially if they’re the same size and cut, and the same tailor did both alterations? ??‍♂️ I dunno. I could ponder this more, but I’m just going to appreciate the goodness of my Solaro suit. This makes me cautiously optimistic about the ‘21 Neo fresco I’m to receive this Friday. Will report back re: consistency in fit as I’ve ordered the same size.
Sir, I Can't Wait To See It... :eek:

Brennenman

Reaction score
what would happen if i put my quest high rise khakis in the wash? would they actually get ruined? my khakis seem to be a dirt magnet and i don't want to keep putting them through the dry cleaning process.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
@spiermackay , there seems to be a problem with the latest sale on Green Linen Trousers - JS-2352-2F1H1.

When I add them to my cart, the price is higher in the cart than shown on the product page and also the system is not applying the SOS20 code like it should. If this can be fixed I will buy a pair.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not exactly linen in terms of rigidity, but not much, about what most wools. I feel as though you get more stretch out of a traditional worsted than the mockleno though.

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score
I actually just got the Navy linen db jacket—it's at the tailor right now. It's my first purchase with SM but I really love it. Dense, sturdy linen that rumples rather than wrinkles.

My tailor was super enamored with it actually lol, he was like "Where did you get this? They don't make linen like this anymore?" and "This will last you 15 years without losing shape!"

Quick question though, does anyone know if the linen dress trousers in navy would match this jacket? Would love to wear this as a suit too but not sure if you're meant to mix and match like that.
I snagged the linen today. Early Happy Birthday to me!

MellonC

Reaction score
what would happen if i put my quest high rise khakis in the wash? would they actually get ruined? my khakis seem to be a dirt magnet and i don't want to keep putting them through the dry cleaning process.

I just put mine in the washer and through a damp dry cycle in the dryer!!! Waist came out about the same. But the length was reduced by about 1/2 inch. Overall, it was just a bit tighter than before but nothing that won't stretch back out again. I don't believe in hand washing or line drying. June Clever did that in the 50's.

jermyzy

Reaction score
So...I finally had a chance to wear a suit for the first time since the pandemic started. Unfortunately I've put on some weight and the suit was a wee bit tight. I think I need to go from 36S slim fit to 36S contemporary. Was looking to buy a new suit or two, but wanted something for summer, so was looking for a wool/linen blend but it looks like there are none available? Has S&M stopped making wool/linen suits? There are a few sportscoat available, but I want the matching pants.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DiPray gun check and a light weight OCBD today
D12ACFEF-61F0-4EA2-ACDA-0E74D7D37BCE.jpeg

conak

Reaction score

I haven't washed my Quests yet, but from my general experience with cottons and linens that say dry clean only, they can be washed on a gentle cycle without damage, but you will very likely end up with a trouser that is more casual than before the wash, as minor fades and shrinking will happen around the seams.

conak

Reaction score
Anyone have one of the Botto flannel suits that can share a pic (either worn or unworn)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads