• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the light brown Guabello wool/cotton high rise trousers for a few months now and have worn them about a dozen times. They look great and are super comfortable and versatile.

However, after each wear I’ve noticed a reasonable amount of pilling on the crotch/bottom area of the trousers. It’s easy to just pull off the few bobbles, but I’m worried it’ll thin that area out over time. They fit really well and are neither tight nor do they seem to rub against each other in the crotch area. I’m thinking it could be when I sit down, but it’s all on either leather or fabric seats and without much force so shouldn’t be causing any friction.

Sorry to ramble on, but has anyone else experienced this??
How's the drape on those? Are they suited for all year round wear? Do they hold a sharp crease and shape throughout a day? Are they smart or casual trousers? Have considered them for some time for more casual settings (SC with BD shirts sans tie, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

NikG

Reaction score
How's the drape on those? Are they suited for all year round wear? Do they hold a sharp crease and shape throughout a day? Are they smart or casual trousers? Have considered them for some time for more casual settings (SC with BD shirts sans tie, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
They drape nicely and hold a sharp crease (I have yet to iron them since purchase).

They’re definitely a casual trouser. I typically wear them when in outpatient clinics with a BD shirt, SC or linen overshirt.

I’m in Australia so definitely not year-round wear for me. I wear them comfortably in temperatures <24°C.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They drape nicely and hold a sharp crease (I have yet to iron them since purchase).

They’re definitely a casual trouser. I typically wear them when in outpatient clinics with a BD shirt, SC or linen overshirt.

I’m in Australia so definitely not year-round wear for me. I wear them comfortably in temperatures <24°C.
Thanks, appreciate it. Sounds like they'll fit the bill for my intent.

Edit: apparently, my size is OOS now. Bummer.

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here we go, Cerrutti jacket in action. The jacket is not as textured as suggested in the pics and is more navy/blue than in the pics as well. Its a really difficult fabric to photograph due to its intricate surface. The pic with the watch represents the colour the best.
View attachment 1644762 View attachment 1644764 View attachment 1644763 View attachment 1644767 View attachment 1644766

Thoughts: as I've said before, I think a strictly light grey pair of trousers aren't optimal with this jacket. A mid grey pair or a plain matt smoke pair of trousers would be a much better fit. Also, I intended to put on a pale blue herringbone shirt like the one below which would've complimented the jacket better.
Yeah, that Cerruti looks great. Gonna need one!

I’ve had the light brown Guabello wool/cotton high rise trousers for a few months now and have worn them about a dozen times. They look great and are super comfortable and versatile.

However, after each wear I’ve noticed a reasonable amount of pilling on the crotch/bottom area of the trousers. It’s easy to just pull off the few bobbles, but I’m worried it’ll thin that area out over time. They fit really well and are neither tight nor do they seem to rub against each other in the crotch area. I’m thinking it could be when I sit down, but it’s all on either leather or fabric seats and without much force so shouldn’t be causing any friction.

I have those same trousers and have the same issue with pilling in the crotch area. The only pair of SM trousers that does this. Not sure if it is fabric (kind of a faux flannel) or the construction, but I do expect that this pair will wear out and rip in that area, eventually. Hope I'm wrong, but as you remove the pills you are thinning the fabric in that spot.

asewonder

Reaction score

I have the same pilling issue as well. Although on the forest green pair of the same trousers, they seem to pill a lot less.

NikG

Reaction score
I have those same trousers and have the same issue with pilling in the crotch area. The only pair of SM trousers that does this. Not sure if it is fabric (kind of a faux flannel) or the construction, but I do expect that this pair will wear out and rip in that area, eventually. Hope I'm wrong, but as you remove the pills you are thinning the fabric in that spot.

I have the same pilling issue as well. Although on the forest green pair of the same trousers, they seem to pill a lot less.

Damn that’s a shame. Looks like it’s probably an issue with that particular wool/cotton blend fabric. Really disappointed because they’re actually my favourite pair of trousers from S&M.

@spiermackay A remake in these with 100% wool and I’ll be a lock for one of each. The speckled texture is phenomenal for casual wear.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size is consistent now from SS20. No changes.

1627403959421.png

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score
I was going to get the D iFabio because the texture, sheen and color look great (to me). I ordered a custom DB instead.
Yeah i just got my MTO db in navy hopsack. I really like it and want another in a seasonal fabric.

Pulpo

Reaction score
If you already had a navy hopsack db and were in between the di Fabio and the navy linen, which would you choose? View attachment 1644983

I actually just got the Navy linen db jacket—it's at the tailor right now. It's my first purchase with SM but I really love it. Dense, sturdy linen that rumples rather than wrinkles.

My tailor was super enamored with it actually lol, he was like "Where did you get this? They don't make linen like this anymore?" and "This will last you 15 years without losing shape!"

Quick question though, does anyone know if the linen dress trousers in navy would match this jacket? Would love to wear this as a suit too but not sure if you're meant to mix and match like that.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which fabric did you go with?

SKU: MTO-Jacket
Fabric: Drago - Medium Blue Texture Fabric SKU: 223-820/06-MTO-J
Options
Jacket - Jacket - Jacket - Jacket - Jacket - Jacket - Jacket - Jacket -
Model: Double Breasted - Soft Shoulder Canvas: Half
Canvas: Quarter
Lining Color: Burgundy
Pocket: Normal Chest & Patch Hip Sleeve Cuff: Surgeon/Functioning Cuff Pick Stitch: Edge
Buttons: Dark Natural Horn

It looks like I got the last of the fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads